Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh why didn't you tell me before now?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 19 Replies
So on Saturday my SO and I found a kitten and I posted pics of her on here and elsewhere to try to find her a home with no luck.

That night my dad came over to go to dinner with us and I tried H A R D to get him to take her but he would just say I'll think about it. Ill think about it. I'll think about it. Then he left and never mentioned her again.

My SO and I decided to keep her and we got her a collar and signed her up for the banfield wellness plan and I took her in for her first round of shots and deworming.

Tonight I sent the picture of Ella in red wings to my dad and he called me and told me he would pick her up Friday. I told him we had decided to keep her and now he says he wants her.

Ugh. We really don't need another cat but why did he not say something sooner, before we got attached and named her???

He's not pissed but he's a tad upset that we aren't going to give Ella to him, but I didn't think we would find her a home so we resigned ourselves to the fact that she was ours and have fallen in love, we can't give her away now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
B
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I'm selfish. I'd keep her.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM
We are going to but truly we don't need another one. He knew when he left Saturday he wanted her so why did he wait till Thursday to tell me??

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I'm selfish. I'd keep her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I would love to see the pic of the kitten with red wings=))
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Ella with her red wings :-)
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
If he really wants 'her and you really don't need another cat then let her go. You'll get over it and you'll still know she's cared for.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM
It's too late, we are attached.

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

If he really wants 'her and you really don't need another cat then let her go. You'll get over it and you'll still know she's cared for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Oh BS. I used to foster dogs and got attached "to lots of them. But you make a decision based on what's best for your family and the animal. And it's not like you won't see her again.

Emotions are great, but you make decisions based on logic.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Lol it's not going to be a big deal for her to stay with us....we can afford her vet visits and food and litter for her so she's ok right where she is.

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Oh BS. I used to foster dogs and got attached "to lots of them. But you make a decision based on what's best for your family and the animal. And it's not like you won't see her again.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Well if that's the case then good luck with your new kitten! If it's the tortie I remember she's gorgeous.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Lol it's not going to be a big deal for her to stay with us....we can afford her vet visits and food and litter for her so she's ok right where she is.

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)