Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Every week I have been getting a message saying cs was deposited into my account, which is not usual. I'm only supposed to get cs twice a month. this month alone, he's paid an extra 500. According to cs website, he's overpaid almost 3 grand since the end of July. Im not sure what that's about but he's only supposed to have 440 garnished from his check a month and from that, 40 was supposed to be towards arrears. His order is 220 twice a month so I'm not sure why they are taking way more than that. Has this happened to anyone else? I am so surprised he hasn't called me bitching about the extra money. I'm ranting about my 3 year old deadbeat dad.
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Because if a computer glitch last year, df over paid child support. His ex had to repay the overpayment to child support who refunded it to df.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I heard cs is nothing I would ever have to pay back.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Whoops! Don't touch that, you'll likely have to pay it back. Unless he was behind anyway.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Hmmmm. That seems strange. Have you asked him about that?
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Really? I heard they don't repay back, they just keep the status as overpaid incase he falls behind. Is his kid an adult now?

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

My husband has been getting decent sized overpayment checks back to him. Might be a system issue.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
So they didn't just take it out of future payments?

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Because if a computer glitch last year, df over paid child support. His ex had to repay the overpayment to child support who refunded it to df.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I heard cs is nothing I would ever have to pay back.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Whoops! Don't touch that, you'll likely have to pay it back. Unless he was behind anyway.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I haven't talked to him in three months since all of this began.

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

Hmmmm. That seems strange. Have you asked him about that?
PeacefulLotus
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM

No, he's 13. They do pay back if they garnished too much. He gets approx $200 a month in overpay checks lately. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Really? I heard they don't repay back, they just keep the status as overpaid incase he falls behind. Is his kid an adult now?

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

My husband has been getting decent sized overpayment checks back to him. Might be a system issue.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I don't like it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM

You're not sleeping in it!

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I don't like it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
That is ridiculous imo

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

No, he's 13. They do pay back if they garnished too much. He gets approx $200 a month in overpay checks lately. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
it can take 6 months if it was his taxes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)