Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Every week I have been getting a message saying cs was deposited into my account, which is not usual. I'm only supposed to get cs twice a month. this month alone, he's paid an extra 500. According to cs website, he's overpaid almost 3 grand since the end of July. Im not sure what that's about but he's only supposed to have 440 garnished from his check a month and from that, 40 was supposed to be towards arrears. His order is 220 twice a month so I'm not sure why they are taking way more than that. Has this happened to anyone else? I am so surprised he hasn't called me bitching about the extra money. I'm ranting about my 3 year old deadbeat dad.
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Neither would my kids

Quoting Foolynroo2:

You're not sleeping in it!

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I don't like it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

SIGH

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Neither would my kids

Quoting Foolynroo2:

You're not sleeping in it!

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I don't like it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

PeacefulLotus
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Why is it ridiculous? Because you might have to pay money back?? If he paid double the agreed upon amount, how is it not ridiculous that he WOULDN'T be compensated?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

That is ridiculous imo

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

No, he's 13. They do pay back if they garnished too much. He gets approx $200 a month in overpay checks lately. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Really? I heard they don't repay back, they just keep the status as overpaid incase he falls behind. Is his kid an adult now?

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

My husband has been getting decent sized overpayment checks back to him. Might be a system issue.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I already got his taxes at the beginning of the year so it wasn't that

Quoting Anonymous:

it can take 6 months if it was his taxes!
conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Yes you will. The state will take the money out of your account or future payments if u are overpaid

*I am in CA

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I heard cs is nothing I would ever have to pay back.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Whoops! Don't touch that, you'll likely have to pay it back. Unless he was behind anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM
It's ridiculous depending on how much he was ordered to pay in the first place, I should say. I'm my case it would be ridiculous to pay back.

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Why is it ridiculous? Because you might have to pay money back?? If he paid double the agreed upon amount, how is it not ridiculous that he WOULDN'T be compensated?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

That is ridiculous imo

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

No, he's 13. They do pay back if they garnished too much. He gets approx $200 a month in overpay checks lately. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Really? I heard they don't repay back, they just keep the status as overpaid incase he falls behind. Is his kid an adult now?

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

My husband has been getting decent sized overpayment checks back to him. Might be a system issue.

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM

PeacefulLotus
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I don't know your situation because you haven't shared it. All I know is he's overpaying, and that he pays you a very fair amount each month already. If he hasn't paid you in years or months, and owes a large amount of back pay, you "deserve" the money. If not? It's not yours, and youll most likely have to pay it back. 

The thing is... if you accidently pay for a pizza twice, you get a refund. Same concept applies here. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

It's ridiculous depending on how much he was ordered to pay in the first place, I should say. I'm my case it would be ridiculous to pay back.

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

That is ridiculous imo

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
His bedroom set is much better than the pics you posted

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM

i was just posting low cost choice so you could afford it.

but Im glad he's got a bed now?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

His bedroom set is much better than the pics you posted

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN