Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Every week I have been getting a message saying cs was deposited into my account, which is not usual. I'm only supposed to get cs twice a month. this month alone, he's paid an extra 500. According to cs website, he's overpaid almost 3 grand since the end of July. Im not sure what that's about but he's only supposed to have 440 garnished from his check a month and from that, 40 was supposed to be towards arrears. His order is 220 twice a month so I'm not sure why they are taking way more than that. Has this happened to anyone else? I am so surprised he hasn't called me bitching about the extra money. I'm ranting about my 3 year old deadbeat dad.
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM
If he overpaid $3000 how much does he still owe in back support?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

It's ridiculous depending on how much he was ordered to pay in the first place, I should say. I'm my case it would be ridiculous to pay back.

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Why is it ridiculous? Because you might have to pay money back?? If he paid double the agreed upon amount, how is it not ridiculous that he WOULDN'T be compensated?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

That is ridiculous imo

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

No, he's 13. They do pay back if they garnished too much. He gets approx $200 a month in overpay checks lately. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Really? I heard they don't repay back, they just keep the status as overpaid incase he falls behind. Is his kid an adult now?

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

My husband has been getting decent sized overpayment checks back to him. Might be a system issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Yes they can make you pay it back because he only owes you part of what he payed. Maybe he is trying to pay more in case of vacation,future problems making his support payments,etc. I would be honest,take the amount you are owed out and make a money order for the overage and take it down to child support and put it on record that you tried to return what you weren't owed,they may take it and hold it for future payments or tell you why it's more. I wouldn't feel right taking money that isn't owed to me yet. If CS tells you to keep it you need to get it in writing. He can go to small claims court and sue you for the overage. I have known several people that had this happen and all but one ended up with a lawsuit against them and a judgement for the overage,some judges award interest as well. I have never been through anything like that but I know many people that have. Just like if he falls behind he can be sued and/or arrested,have his license revoked. It works both ways though.

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM
If it is a clerical error and someone else's child support us going to you will have to return it. Another NCP could be sending the money and it has the wrong case number on it. That would explain why he's not calling bitching about it. It isn't from him
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I am not sure how they got the overpayment from her but they did. It might have just evened out too because one week the computer glitch sent her a check for a very small amount.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

So they didn't just take it out of future payments?

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Because if a computer glitch last year, df over paid child support. His ex had to repay the overpayment to child support who refunded it to df.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I heard cs is nothing I would ever have to pay back.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Whoops! Don't touch that, you'll likely have to pay it back. Unless he was behind anyway.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM
That was her?

Quoting goodmama85:

Hope you'll get your kids beds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Yes

Quoting kitty8199:

That was her?

Quoting goodmama85:

Hope you'll get your kids beds.

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I would put it aside and not touch it. He could come back and have it taken back.

JamieBue38
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM

If that happened to me, at first I'd be like "Mwahahahahhaa >:)", but then CS is not supposed to ruin a man's life, just teach him a lesson of responsibility. If he asks for it back, would you give it to him? I would even though my ex is worse than a deadbeat and still hasn't given me a penny.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM
He's been caught up since the beginning of the year so he owes nothing at this point

Quoting LAXmom21:

If he overpaid $3000 how much does he still owe in back support?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

It's ridiculous depending on how much he was ordered to pay in the first place, I should say. I'm my case it would be ridiculous to pay back.

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Why is it ridiculous? Because you might have to pay money back?? If he paid double the agreed upon amount, how is it not ridiculous that he WOULDN'T be compensated?

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

That is ridiculous imo

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

No, he's 13. They do pay back if they garnished too much. He gets approx $200 a month in overpay checks lately. 

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Really? I heard they don't repay back, they just keep the status as overpaid incase he falls behind. Is his kid an adult now?

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

My husband has been getting decent sized overpayment checks back to him. Might be a system issue.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
No I wouldn't give it back. Yeah right. He hasn't even called to say happy bday to his only son. I'd tell him to fuck off

Quoting JamieBue38:

If that happened to me, at first I'd be like "Mwahahahahhaa >:)", but then CS is not supposed to ruin a man's life, just teach him a lesson of responsibility. If he asks for it back, would you give it to him? I would even though my ex is worse than a deadbeat and still hasn't given me a penny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN