Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fully grown adults going trick or treat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I have an ex co-worker on my facebook page who just proudly posted that she went trick or treat. This girl is 26 years old and went with a few other people, all age 20 and up, none of them have children. "You're never too old for free candy". I even saw a few groups of people that were about the same age when I was out with my son. I thought this was something for children, not adults with full time jobs.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pokemon_Lover
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM
My SO went trick or treating he's 26 as wellHis brother went too and he is turning 21. They did go with DD and some other kids and their little sister but they went and got candy too.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM
5 moms liked this
Why do you care? Did it affect you? Cost you money? Time? Dignity?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I didn't get any adults this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I stayed home since I can't keep up ... I'm 37 weeks. I always look to see first before opening the door. I guess it is habit. There were 2 adult men in black t- shirts and masks. Scared the crap out of me! They had like pillow cases they were using. They knocked and rang the bell several times before leaving. 

emmypaige
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Not something I'd do, but no big deal to me either... It's just for fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I had a couple who said they had a sick kid at home.  He said it and held out a bucket I gave him some candy and then she- looked awkward but did it too.  It was odd.  That many sick kids at home -they should be there too.  It isn't about candy as the experience.  Go to the store and buy them some if they have to miss out.  

csxt99
by Jennifer on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:19 AM

I think 12 is the cutoff age.  Anyone older than that is just being ridiculous.

crazy4chapstick
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Preteens are fine....but it gets weird when they are old enough to drive themselves to trick or treat. We always get older teens....and they try and take the whole bowl sometimes. We have people using their backpacks to put candy in...some dont even wear costumes. Then there the couples who bring their infants who are too small to eat candy. We had a couple tonight they both asked for candy.....for one infant in the stroller! They were both dressed up to go with his costume so we gave them some. A lot of the older kids come much later so when we see they smaller kid traffic is dying out we go inside.
mymanben
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM
We had teens and adults this year collecting for the food bank
bowlingmom06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Some 20 something man came to my in-laws house. Just by himself. Creepy....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured