Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does the Lord your God require of you * A Christian post*

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:52 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Deuteronomy 10:12-13

New International Version (NIV)

Fear the Lord

12 And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good

BELOW IS NOT MINE I FOUND IT AND THOUGHT IT WAS AN EXCELLENT EXPLAINATION OF THE VERSE:

I. Deueronomy 10:12 “And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to FEAR the LORD your God, to WALK in all his ways, to LOVE him, to SERVE the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?”

A. “FEAR the LORD your God.”
We must reverence Him as the only God. We stand in awe of His might and His power. There is nothing else and no one else who deserves our reverence. One of my favorite stories is about William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania and his refusal to take his hat off for the King of England. It was his conviction that only God should receive that kind of reverence.

B. “WALK in all his ways,”
Far to many people seek God’s will when it seems easy or pleasing to their desires. Only the committed Christian really wants to walk in all of the light that God gives. Today, far too many believe that there is no real truth. We know that real truth exists. We must be totally committed to a godly way of life: The way of holiness.

C. “LOVE him.”
To really love God/Him is to have a real relationship with Him. The more time we spend with Him the more we will love Him. The more time we spend with God, the more that we want to do all to bring glory to our loving Heavenly Father.

GLYASDI

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Your love and devotion.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Not my thing but I love that pic.
Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Not my thing but I love that pic.

I do too, I found other ones that said the same thing but I saw this pic and LOVED it!

GLYASDI

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Not a thing, because I refuse to "worship" a fairy tale.

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the bump, No need to be disrespectful though.

GLYASDI

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM

bump

vic270
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

if just a cup of water i place with in your hand then just a cup of water is all that i demand.

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What does the Lord require of you?

Your answer Not a thing 

Not a thing will be given to you either.

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured