Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do so many wives treat their husband like they cannot do anything?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies
1 mom liked this
They are grown men, who can do lots of things, and should as a member of the household. We have kids that both of us need to take care of, boys needs cleaned by all who lives there
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea, my husband is a competent man.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Quoting bcoll:

I have no idea, my husband is a competent man.

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I have no Idea, My husband is a grown man, and is competent enough to do things for himself. I do certain things for him though, not because he can't do them, but because I enjoy doing those things for him, I enjoy taking care of him.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM
2 moms liked this

My dh is a highly intelligent, competent man.  He does plenty of child care, though admittedly I do the majority of it being that I'm a SAHM and he works a lot.  However, the one exception to this mindset is the fact that when we had our first child, my dh had absolutely zero experience with children whatsoever.  He had never babysat, had no younger siblings or cousins.  Nothing.  He had literally never held a baby until our son was born.  So in some instances he had to "educated" on certain things by me because how he was doing them was, quite frankly, downright dangerous.  But if he's just doing something differently than how I'd do it, I keep my mouth shut.  Leaving one thing out of the bedtime routine won't scar my children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That was me, I never changed a diaper until I had my son. I never we around babies until I had my own. Nothing like "on the job training"

Quoting Kmary:

My dh is a highly intelligent, competent man.  He does plenty of child care, though admittedly I do the majority of it being that I'm a SAHM and he works a lot.  However, the one exception to this mindset is the fact that when we had our first child, my dh had absolutely zero experience with children whatsoever.  He had never babysat, had no younger siblings or cousins.  Nothing.  He had literally never held a baby until our son was born.  So in some instances he had to "educated" on certain things by me because how he was doing them was, quite frankly, downright dangerous.  But if he's just doing something differently than how I'd do it, I keep my mouth shut.  Leaving one thing out of the bedtime routine won't scar my children. 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:19 AM
2 moms liked this

my dh is incredible. he is fully capable of doing anything i can, with the exception of growing babies, pushing them out, and nursing lol. he had to do a lot while i was pregnant and unable to do, oh, everything.

just because he does things differently than i do doesn't mean he does them "wrong". it was something i had to get past, like a stubborn pride, to let him do those things. women are like nesting birds, and they work hard, and take pride in their work, and a monkey wrench thrown into that work can be hard to take.

on the other hand, the husband has to be willing to learn. he can't half-ass the attempt, he actually has to put forth the effort and be willing to be taught.

when both parties are willing to give up their stubbornness and work with the other, a beautiful thing happens.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM
My husband is capable of doing things and does, all the time. Sure, he knew not a single thing about babies, having no babies around growing up, but he learned fast. I didn't need to educate him, he has common sense. He does things differently than I would, but not in a bad way.
He and I wouldn't be parents together if I thought he was too much of an idiot to contribute to the effective raising of our children.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM
6 moms liked this
It's called being a wife and I enjoy doing this for my husband and kids. He is more then capable but it's something I enjoy and they appreciate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I think people with thinking like this are shit wives.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are partners, he is a very capable man and I treat him as such. 

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN