Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I won't rear face DD.. EDIT!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 694 Replies
13 moms liked this
Until she's four years old. I think that is absolutely ridiculous. In fact, she is 13 months and 20 lbs and she is forward facing!

Why? Because she has tonic/clonic seizures, and if I can see her and check on her, I prefer it be that way.

Why else? Because I WANT TO. She's extremely active and hates the car. It's SAFE and LEGAL.

Bash away! (;

EDIT: for the psychos who stalked my profile, let me save ya some time! I'm 22. I'm a veteran, as well as a college graduate. I'm married, have owned my own home since I was 19, and we have 3 vehicles. I hope that's "cute" enough for you fine ladies.

Btw, my daughters neurologist is at Vanderbit Children's hospital in Nashville. She has NEVER recommended that I make my toddler sit in a car like an infant until she's a kindergartener. Neither has her pediatrician, who is also at Vanderbilt. Noone I know, and noone I have ever met or seen has their kid rear facing until they are in preschoolers. I have NEVER heard of it until CM. If forward facing my kid is NEARLY as "dangerous" as you believe, it would be a law. Obviously.

Now, I'm going to enjoy my daughter. I'm not ignoring you because I "can't explain my choice", it's because I already have. Now you sharks enjoy your day and feast off of each other for a little while. 😜
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
8 moms liked this
I turned baby #3 at 2 yrs old, the others were ff at 1.
I had never heard of erf till this site.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

want a cookie?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Your child your choice. It wouldn't be mine, nut I'm not it your situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
6 moms liked this

New rules are that you must rear face the child until age 2, but I guess you have to do what is right for your child. She definitely does not weigh enough to be forward facing. Her head would snap off her spine should there be a terrible high-impact collision.

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
11 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
9 moms liked this
I can still see my rear facing child. There's a mirror attatched to the seat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I'm not bashing I don't rear face my 20 month old either when I moved her into a big seat and I had her rear facing she would get car sick everytime we went somewhere so I turned her forward and she hasn't got sick once
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

i forward faced my child at a year even though i late found out the law was two years. i so don't care.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't worry about it. Tons of the crap moms get all uppity about doing today will eventually be the big parenting fails next decade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Atleast in my state that is not a "rule". Still 1 and 20.

Quoting Anonymous:

New rules are that you must rear face the child until age 2, but I guess you have to do what is right for your child. She definitely does not weigh enough to be forward facing. Her head would snap off her spine should there be a terrible high-impact collision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)