Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STOP TOTING IN A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT'S NOT YOURS!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 323 Replies
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

We drove one minute down the street to my mom's neighborhood, Where I grew up, and trick or treated (where we have the past two years), and then we drove 5 minutes down the street to ToT, and they had a huge block party, where hundreds of kids were, it was like on the movies, how it's soo crowded you can't drive down the street! It was awesome! These people set up their houses like Christmas, lights on everything, RIP signs, scary things out, spiders, spider webs, etc. Every single house is lit for five miles. Yes, they expect the whole city to come knocking. They know it's not just their street.

Anyways, who is she to tell people not to drive to a better neighborhood to ToT?

And when did moms judge how old a child was, being under 2 or not walking, so they think it is now trashy to ToT? Since when did adults think a 1 year old is trashy for walking around the block and getting candy?

It is a tradition for everyone to celebrate, it doesn't matter if you can't walk, are old, or aren't dressed up. Stop being soo judgemental!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I went to my grandmother's neighborhood, because she was watching the baby. If I needed to come back for some reason we were close.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this
If it is not yoyr neighborhood or that of a family member then yes I think it is wrong. Jmo
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
3 moms liked this

People are assholes.

How do you know who is from your neighborhood or not?  I certainly don't know every kid in my neighborhood.  I met a lot of people last night that I don't ever normally see - and I never left my street.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
6 moms liked this

Eh, We live in an area with lots of apartments and very few houses, of course we go to a neighborhood with homes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
14 moms liked this

Do people in your area normally ToT with their address pinned on their lapel or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

If it is not yoyr neighborhood or that of a family member then yes I think it is wrong. Jmo

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
7 moms liked this
Good grief, some people take things a bit too personally. It's candy! I am sure they all get more than enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I took my son to a different neighborhood. We only have 20 houses in ours and no one hands out candy.
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We have gone to other neighborhoods. Not a big deal. Its not like everyone knows everyone here. We usually go to friends or families houses and trick or treat around there. I think people need to pull the stick out of their ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
These people set up their houses like Christmas, lights on everything, RIP signs, scary things out, spiders, spider webs, etc. Every single house is lit for five miles. Yes, they expect the whole city to come knocking. They know it's not just their street.

Since when did people start to think like you? It is seriously screwed up. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, but no one has their porch light on in my neighborhood.

Quoting Anonymous:

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Our neighborhood is mostly dark. So should our kids not be allowed to trick or treat at all then? What if we want to go with friends in their neighborhood? Some people worry over the stupidest shit.

Btw....we went to a carnival instead of truck or treating this year anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured