Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O HOMESCHOOLERS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Mocking people that choose to homeschool, seriously?

Have you seen the post asking why homeschooling parents think their "special snowflakes" are too good for "real" school?

I saw a post last week saying that parents of special needs children shouldn't be in "real" school!  You can't have it both ways!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

BUMP!

bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

The use of the offensive "snowflake" term alerted me to the dramam within. I didn't bother opening it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM

me either. I just read the title, lol.

Quoting bcoll:

The use of the offensive "snowflake" term alerted me to the dramam within. I didn't bother opening it.

bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

me either. I just read the title, lol.

Quoting bcoll:

M_Cox
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I never used the term "snowflake" before Cafemom. Now I call my ex's kid that all the time. 

Quoting bcoll:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I do wonder what they expect people to do with the special needs kids then...as a single mother of a child of special needs i send him to "Real' school....People just like to start drama

bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Never heard it till Cafemom either.

Quoting M_Cox:

I never used the term "snowflake" before Cafemom. Now I call my ex's kid that all the time. 

Quoting bcoll:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, to whomever made such a comment....come hither.....let me ask you this....don't you think a child who isn't doing so well in "real" school deserves as much of a chance to shine as any other child???  My child was failing....in Kindergarten!!!....so you're damn right I pulled my child out and started to homeschool.....less than a year after starting, my child took a state issued "placement" test and is now grading between a second and third grade level!!!   Personally, I would rather watch my child grow and shine.....at home.....then wither and die in "real" school.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but you'd be wise to better educate yourself about the MANY, MANY benefits of homeschool.....such as the FACT that over 90% of those that are homeschooled end up with better paying jobs than their "traditionally educated" counterparts.....there's some food for thought, yes??

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

It's just another way for mom's to be judgmental on either side. A lot of people put down homeschooling without taking into consideration that some kids just learn best in a different environment than a traditional classroom or that some public schools are so crappy and/or dangerous, one would be crazy to send a child there.

But, there are plenty of judgy mom's on the other side of the coin as well... I had to roll my eyes a little while back when one mom here took me to task for saying my kid's are homeschooled. Apparently, because my kid's curriculum comes from the public school system, they are not homeschooled, even though they do their schooling from home. According to this mom, the only reason why I say my kids are homeschooled is because I want "bragging rights". 

Yep... this subject is becoming just another club for mom's to beat a dead horse with.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I went and replied twice. I couldn't help myself. I figure that perhaps someone will hear what I have to say. I never take offense at those posts but I will always try and set the record straight. Most of the time it is people looking for drama or just ignorant of what homeschooling is like. Homeschooling is awesome but not for everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN