Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting frustrated with the baby *vent*

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 27 Replies

He has been whining all day yesterday and today.

Not crying, just a horrible whining noise "uhhhhhnnnn ahhhunnn auuuu"  It sounds like a police siren.

It's grating on my nerves at this point and I have a headache from it.

He's clean, fed, warm, not too warm, well rested, doesn't want to play (I tried it makes him worse) not thirsty, and is healthy.

Anytime I get up to do something -he whines, I talk -he whines, I take a drink from my coffee -he whines.  The ferret ran by, he whined about that.  I put his favourite show in, he whined.  The show was over, he whined.

EVERYTHING makes him whine both today and yesterday and I am at a loss as to how to make him stop.  I really would like him to stop and am very glad it's friday :(

Right now he is playing with his truck, and every once in a while letting out a whine.  *sigh*

He's 14months btw.  Not sure if that's relevant.

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Maybe he is getting sick??? Good luck!
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Its a stage. Has he just learned that noise? Sometimes when kids are learning to talk or do different noises they do it just to do it because its something new to them. Do you have a reaction to it? whether good or bad maybe he just likes the reaction to it?

AliceNonsense
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Molars maybe? DS is 13 months and has been the EXACT way for a week. I felt around in his mouth and sure enough, he has a new tooth! He has really been a pain in my rear. Teething has never bothered him really, but this one apparently did.
tardistraveller

Maybe, he doesn't have any symptoms though 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he is getting sick??? Good luck!

CamoChick

maybe he's feeling bad......ear ache, tummy ache.  I feel for you both

shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Cutting teeth? Belly ache? Growth spurt? Maybe he just needs some cuddles?
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

hmm...  He's been drooling A LOT and it's not just the noise, it's his whole mood.  CRANKY CITY!

Maybe he does have a new tooth coming in, I'll mention it to my sister, I don't know what she does for him for that.

Quoting AliceNonsense:

Molars maybe? DS is 13 months and has been the EXACT way for a week. I felt around in his mouth and sure enough, he has a new tooth! He has really been a pain in my rear. Teething has never bothered him really, but this one apparently did.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Ear infection.
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

He smacked me in the face when I tried cuddles lmao

Teeth maybe, growth spurt I definately think because he has been eating like a bear the past few days!  But do they make kids whiney?

My own son was a lot more easy going, he never did this kinda thing, so I'm a bit lost.

Quoting shygurl3166:

Cutting teeth? Belly ache? Growth spurt? Maybe he just needs some cuddles?

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Maybe he's getting sick. My DD always fusses and is just pissy in general for a up to 2 days before she starts running a fever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)