Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was this really so bad?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
We went to chick fil a for lunch today with a friend from swim. The little girl has a younger sister who's about 14 months.

We sit down and she reaches out for monkey's applesauce and her mom tells her that hers is coming and then she walks to the front to wait for her food.

At the table she's still reaching out for monkey's applesauce so I gave it to her (he hadn't touched it yet) and she happily ate it.

When her mom came back I told her I gave it to her because monkey hadn't touched it and I knew she was hungry and figured we could just switch when she came back with the food.

She looked pissed and said well she needs to learn patience.....while I agree its still a young child and it was just applesauce.

So was it really that wrong of me? I certainly won't do that again but I guess I just can't see what the big deal was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
If her mom hadn't already told her no, it wouldn't be a big deal. But she did and you immediately ignored that the moment she walked away.

I would be upset if I were her.
michellej428
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

yup, this.

Quoting ame85:

If her mom hadn't already told her no, it wouldn't be a big deal. But she did and you immediately ignored that the moment she walked away.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Quoting ame85:

Yep

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

CurlyBirdy
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
This.

Quoting ame85:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Meh, if she ordered applesauce for her, I don't see a problem. I get annoyed when people feed my son without checking with me but your situation was a bit different, I wouldn't have been upset. better than listening to a screamy kid.
chickadees
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yup, you already heard the mom say no...you should have not have stepped in.

ashwee356
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Kinda rude on your part

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)