Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope u know ur daycare

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this
Idk if anyone remembers my post about a play date with another CMer that I've never met. Well the play date was good after the daycare left and the mom didn't seem psycho or anything (lol) and we're probably going to do it again in the next couple weeks.
To the post. When we got to the park there were probably around 30 kids with a day care there. Ranging probably from 3 to 7. Some kids were being, u know, bad little kids. Climbing on top of the tube slide and stuff like that. Things u would want the teacher to stop. Well the teachers were yanking and jerking these kids, and when they went to leave they were jerking them around and yelling at them. At that point the kids were just being antsy, they'd just been running and playing, what do u expect. Well besides being too rough when they got on to the kids and even being mean to the ones who were being good, have the time half they weren't really watching them. At one point there were 3 older girls on each arm of one of the littler boys playing tug a war using the boy and they weren't stopping it.
This experience just amplified my feelings on not using a daycare. I hope this shit isn't happening to ur kid, but especially if u have one of those energetic kids, it's likely it is.
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chamamahaha
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I have no choice but to leave them at daycare. My husband will find out im serious i hate them being there if hes so good with them going he can have another set of kids with someone else this isnt what i wanted
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll probably have kids with your side piece first

Quoting chamamahaha:

I have no choice but to leave them at daycare. My husband will find out im serious i hate them being there if hes so good with them going he can have another set of kids with someone else this isnt what i wanted

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

So, from one experience observing a daycare that you know nothing about you may a generalization about what is happening at all daycares? 

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Nope, this isn't the first daycare I've seen, and I've seen plenty on the news about what has happened at some daycares. I don't think they are all bad, but there are several that are and if u are not there, how do u know urs isn't? That's what I'm saying. I doubt all those kids parents are ok with their kids being jerked around and yelled at. I don't trust strangers period with my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, from one experience observing a daycare that you know nothing about you may a generalization about what is happening at all daycares? 

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Well that sux I'm sorry. I know they aren't all bad. Hopefully u got a good one for while ur stuck with it. Are u both having to work?

Quoting chamamahaha:

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
WTF?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chamamahaha:

nanny1918
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
did you notify daycare licensing in the area ?
chamamahaha
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmm side piece makes me think of chicken

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chamamahaha:

Arwyn724
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM

You just have to look for a good one, they are out there.  Ours are more preschools than day cares, with a hefty curriculum.  They are all self contained when it comes to playgrounds, so no trips to the park.  Every class has cameras (multiple), and the parent waiting area has 14 monitor screens you can watch all day, if you choose to.  There is a key fob entry system, so no one unauthorized can get in the building.  The kids are safe, happy, nutured, educated and they love 'school'.

Arwyn 724 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

It seems obvious to me, and maybe it isn't, that you should know how people operate in any place that your children are going to be without you, whether it be a daycare, a friend's house, or whatever.

Quoting Nynnie:

Nope, this isn't the first daycare I've seen, and I've seen plenty on the news about what has happened at some daycares. I don't think they are all bad, but there are several that are and if u are not there, how do u know urs isn't? That's what I'm saying. I doubt all those kids parents are ok with their kids being jerked around and yelled at. I don't trust strangers period with my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured