Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby names-input

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Otto

Clyde

Angus

Sparrow

Arwen

James

Ryan

Wren

Boys choices in blue, Girls in pink. What do you think of them?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (141-150):
lipsis
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I have an ancestor named Jamesina. Shudder. Naming a girl James is much better. I have a cousin whose daughter, Ryan, just graduated college. My cousin originally wanted a name that wouldn't hold her daughter back as a "woman" on a resume, but her daughter said recruiters look all the applicants up on Facebook, so it's not like she can hide being female even with the name Ryan.

Quoting RobinBright:

Ryan and James are the only decent names on your list, but they should be boys. The rest are awful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I've always liked boy names for girls, and the other way around. I like Ashley for a boy for example.

Quoting lipsis:

I have an ancestor named Jamesina. Shudder. Naming a girl James is much better. I have a cousin whose daughter, Ryan, just graduated college. My cousin originally wanted a name that wouldn't hold her daughter back as a "woman" on a resume, but her daughter said recruiters look all the applicants up on Facebook, so it's not like she can hide being female even with the name Ryan.

Quoting RobinBright:

Ryan and James are the only decent names on your list, but they should be boys. The rest are awful.

melodyhour
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Yes! He is Napoleon Oliver. I think kitty is the perfect name.

Quoting aehutmacher:

Wow! Your cat has a middle name! Mine doesn't even have a first. She's about 12 years old and I've always just called her Kitty.

I suppose "kitty" is a natural default name.

Quoting melodyhour:

Me too! It's my cats middle name.

Quoting aehutmacher:
Quoting LadyBugMom09:None. Sorry.

I like Oliver for a boy.

I like the name Oliver for a cat.

lipsis
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM

No, I read Gone With the Wind too much when I was little, and Ashley was a weak, insipid man. Ruined it for me. I like Beverley and Leslie for boys though. "Bev" and Les" sound boyish. My great grandfather was Leslie. And Beverley was the name of the male narrator of The Story Girl that the Avonlea series was based on. I'm on the fence with Vivian. Politics have ruined Lindsey and Hilary for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've always liked boy names for girls, and the other way around. I like Ashley for a boy for example.

Quoting lipsis:

Quoting RobinBright:

armywifey26
by Krissy on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Not a fan of any of them
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Thank you for your input

Quoting armywifey26:

Not a fan of any of them

Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM
No to all.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Uh, Wren is nice...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Arwen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

hmm...i never heard of wren as anyone's name actually. i've moved around a lot and never once met a ryan or james that was female.

Quoting Anonymous:

Arwen is a name created by the author J.R.R. Tolkien for a female character in the series LOTR. Wren is also generally a female name. I know that Ryan and James are rarely heard of for girls but I know a couple of each.

Quoting Anonymous:

idk if you live in another country? In America these are all boy-only names.  A girl with these boys names would be picked on.

Quoting Anonymous:

In your opinion I guess?

Quoting KyliesMom5:

All i'm seeing are boys names. This includes the names in pink.

Quoting Anonymous:In pink
Quoting KyliesMom5:So where are the girl names?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)