Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm immature...

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM
  • 64 Replies
And so is my family. We have fun with it. People are always bashing each other by calling them immature. What's so wrong with it sometimes? We pay our bills on time, all of our "grown up duties" are in order....so why the hell can't I be immature.

My house is a dangerous place to live if your not willing to laugh at yourself. We pull pranks, tell embarrassing stories, scare each other, and laugh when someone farts.

Before anyone says otherwise. My kids know how to behave in public, at school, at church, and the like. In fact my Dd is in first grade and has never once (this year or last) had to "move her stick" on their behavior charts....so don't give me that line.

I grew up in a very serious family and we could barely crack a smile without asking permission. Luckily I married a fun man with a fun family.

Our favorite is scaring my stepson (who is 22 years old). He gets off work at 11p.m. every night and is a scaredy-cat. We constantly hide and jump out of dark places at him, and it never fails.

It's fun, we all get it and we all give it.

Made Laxative brownies and left them out the other night. Today I woke up to a big brown paper bag being burst over my head.

Any pranksters care to share?! I need some new material.
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM

My daughter once put a fake little rubber snake right outside the bathroom door and scared the hell out of me, I hide in the closet on occasion when someone is yelling for me then jump out and scare them, I once put shaving cream in my daughters shoe and asked her to go get me the mail really quick, she went to get socks and I told her to please just hurry I was waiting for an important letter (I have that one on video).  That is all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I think being silky and fun is different than being immature
...silly...damn auto correct.
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Lmafo I am going to steal the shaving cream one!!

I once put about 12 real lizards in my stepsons bed when we lived in Florida. I had Dd and the neighbor boys help me catch them lol.

Fake snakes don't work here...but my mil is terrified of them, even when she knows they are fake lol

Quoting melakay1981:

My daughter once put a fake little rubber snake right outside the bathroom door and scared the hell out of me, I hide in the closet on occasion when someone is yelling for me then jump out and scare them, I once put shaving cream in my daughters shoe and asked her to go get me the mail really quick, she went to get socks and I told her to please just hurry I was waiting for an important letter (I have that one on video).  That is all I can think of right off the top of my head.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Sounds a bit like my fam.  Gotta have a thick skin.  Kiddo and I have fun with stuff like that.  Fart jokes, real farts, dutch oven, gross jokes, general picking on each other and who can scare the other one the best, LOL.  And she knows how to handle herself in public.  She sneezed hard enough to rip out a fart in class the other day and was mortified, LOL.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM
4 moms liked this

Growing old is mandatory.

Growing up is optional :)

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I wish I could post the video, I have it on myspace but I don't know how to get it off of there and save it to my computer.  You would laugh your ass off

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Lmafo I am going to steal the shaving cream one!!

I once put about 12 real lizards in my stepsons bed when we lived in Florida. I had Dd and the neighbor boys help me catch them lol.

Fake snakes don't work here...but my mil is terrified of them, even when she knows they are fake lol

Quoting melakay1981:

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I like being silky smooth too. :-)

Yeah you're probably right. My moms side of the family hates my dh because he's "immature." ....it doesn't matter that he takes great care of us and is a loving dad and husband....luckily my dads side loves him...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I think being silky and fun is different than being immature

...silly...damn auto correct.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We are the same way. I hate when someone posts something funny, or a prank they did and some miserable hag on here is like "That is soooo immature. I would NEVER!!!" blah...Lol it makes me laugh seeing how they try to put people down for having a personality and some fun.

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmfao that's great. I had a prissy friend all thru school who just recently admitted that all the football players who kept getting in trouble for letting them rip in our A.P. English class weren't doing it...it was her. The tiny little cheerleader. She openly apologized on FB to the one who got a detention for it. Lmfao

Quoting randi1978:

Sounds a bit like my fam.  Gotta have a thick skin.  Kiddo and I have fun with stuff like that.  Fart jokes, real farts, dutch oven, gross jokes, general picking on each other and who can scare the other one the best, LOL.  And she knows how to handle herself in public.  She sneezed hard enough to rip out a fart in class the other day and was mortified, LOL.

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM
It drives me nuts. Have some fun!

Quoting Anonymous:

We are the same way. I hate when someone posts something funny, or a prank they did and some miserable hag on here is like "That is soooo immature. I would NEVER!!!" blah...Lol it makes me laugh seeing how they try to put people down for having a personality and some fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)