Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I plan to breast feed until my DS is 10

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM
  • 103 Replies

lol ok not really, but i can now see why some mommies just don't want to stop. DS is almost 6 weeks old and i'm already so addicted and in love with the whole experience!

anyway my questions are

how long did your bf you little one?

how long did it take till they slept through the night?

any othe tips or suggestions for a first time nurser?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mudwrap
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this
My first child 1 month. 2nd child bf for 1 year. 3rd child zero.

Can't remember when my other two slept through the night but the 2nd kept crying many times at night coz she's breasfed. She gets hungry a lot more. My third child slept through the night when he was 3 month old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:33 AM
22 months.
She slept thru at 2 months.
Stay hydrated. Pump and save. Be patient, w yourself and your lo. (Some days are harder than others). Don't be afraid to NIP. Enjoy it. It ends before you know it.

I'm a BFPC.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:34 AM

She slept through the night (6 hrs counts as full night) roughly around 2 years old.  She had times before that but not consistently.  She was an extended nurser as well.   She is elementary age now and seems to be the best sleeper out of all her cousins.  We never coslept and tried to keep a consistent bedtime routine.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I personally stopped at 15 months when she bit my nipple off. What was awful about that was I didn't realize she'd bit it off like that until she started choking on the piece of my nipple and threw up the blood she'd been feasting on. She'd already been nibbling for a while and laughing when i gasped in pain. That was the last straw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:35 AM

It's been 6 weeks...lol I bet your attitude will change soon enough :)

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

So, you're missing a nipple? Pics?

Quoting jadedcynic:

I personally stopped at 15 months when she bit my nipple off. What was awful about that was I didn't realize she'd bit it off like that until she started choking on the piece of my nipple and threw up the blood she'd been feasting on. She'd already been nibbling for a while and laughing when i gasped in pain. That was the last straw.

lipsis
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM

My oldest self-weaned. I remembering trying to get her to feed around seventeen months and she just squirmed away and held her arms out towards the upper cabinet where we kept the sippy cups. My second will be two in a month. He wouldn't breastfeed, so I had to pump. I'll probably stop giving him breastmilk after his birthday. He mostly drinks water, anyway. He likes yogurt, but I don't make breastmilk yogurt, so he's pretty much been on cow's milk awhile.

My oldest slept through the night at four days. My second was bad. He woke every three hours expecting to be cared for. He still wakes up in the middle of the night unless I let him stay up late. My baby, I don't know probably around six weeks.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:39 AM
I went about 3 months with my first and a little over a year with my 2nd.
I did it bc it is best but, did not find it pleasurable to the point of extending it.
In the beginning I went through the cracked nipples...not getting more than 2 oz at a time when I pumped...and then he became a squirmy infant....but there were times when it was sweet.
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:40 AM
A big ole' chunk of it yeah. And no, not taking pics. This stupid phone wouldn't be able to post them anyway.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

So, you're missing a nipple? Pics?

Quoting jadedcynic:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this

0.0  that sound terrifying! please tell me your joking!!!

Quoting jadedcynic:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN