Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She let my underage, unlicensed daughter drink and drive! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

DD is 17 years old and went to her friend's house for a small birthday sleep over party with another girl. In total 3 girls, no guys. I will admit I supplied her with alcohol for the event, premixed vodkas go ahead and tear me to pieces but I know ya'll ask where she got the alcohol and I'll just say it now SHE GOT IT FROM ME, HER MOTHER. I have met this mother before, She is in her 50-60s and a nurse. DD called me the next day to tell me she was okay and had a great night and was on the bus home, then proceed to tell me that this mother let DD, who has NO PREVIOUS DRIVING TRAINING OF ANY SORT drive her large 4x4 around the block! This happened last weekend. I don't know what to do, DD is begging me for her friendship sake to say nothing.

EDIT: The mother supplied her own daughter, the other girls mother supplied her daughter and I supplied my daughter with 4 pre-mixed drinks. This mother KNEW the girls were drinking and put them behind the wheel of a car, underage, under the influence and with no driving experience at all.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You let her drink, I don't think you have a high moral ground to be angry about a 4x4.

Did the mom know you were sending vodka?  Try that once at my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Quoting liltampa71:

You let her drink, I don't think you have a high moral ground to be angry about a 4x4.

Did the mom know you were sending vodka?  Try that once at my house.

Yes, all three girls were drinking. I had spoken to the mom beforehand. There is a big difference between drinking in home with a couple of friends and putting them behind the wheel of a car IMO
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Smh.
I can't
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Doesn't sound like either of you are gonna win mother of the year awards.
NBean311
by Chivette on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM

You let her drink. Don't blame her for a mistake that you initiated. Also, your kid should know better. 

mnmom300
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Ehhhh. You bent the rules. She bent the rules. I think the scoreboard is even.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I supplied her alcohol for her to drink in a house with parental supervision. She put my DD behind the wheel of a car after she'd be drinking with no previous driving expericence. Does that not strike anyone as a extremely dangerous situation?

Quoting mnmom300:

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM
This!

Quoting mnmom300:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM
You're the idiot who supplied alcohol to minors, I hope you get caught someday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM

My daughter was under the influence of alcohol which this woman knew myself and the parent of the other girl were suppling them with.

Quoting NBean311:

You let her drink. Don't blame her for a mistake that you initiated. Also, your kid should know better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)