Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to vent, My ex is more concerned that his relationship is over then leaving the kids with a sexual predator

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have 2 girls with my ex, they are 8 and almost 11. I have what's called right of first refusal in the court order, basically, it means that if for any amount of time, he is not going to be with the girls he has to call me and ask if I can take them before having someone else watch them or leave them alone. I have told him that if he wants to send them with his parents, let me know, just so I know where they are, but I would not enforce it with them, if he wants to give up his time to his parents, fine, they are better cared for with them anyway.

But last night, I got a call from my DDs saying that dad had left them with his fiance's parents and brother and they were spending the night there (the brother is in his 20s and lives with them). I don't know these people and I was not OK with this and as I said, I have right of first refusal. I checked the CPS on her phone and got the address, me and DH came right away to get them (thankfully, my mom lives down the street so she came over to sit without other two who were in bed).

We got there and knocked on the door. Her dad answered, I explained who I was, the fact that I have ROFR and that I want my chldren, I had the court order in had.  He said no and slammed the door in my face. I knocked again and said that if my girls were not sent out to me in 60 seconds, would call the police. I put 60 seconds on my timer, that time came and went so I called the police.

The police got there but there were very rushed, like they were there in 2 or 3 minutes and came running to the door, before they got to the door another cop car showed up and before long, there were 6 cars, 10 cops in the yard. I started panicking, I didn't know what was going on but I KNEW something was going on that I didn't know about.

Well the parents said they weren't sending the girls out because their dad left them with them. The police broke the door down and seconds later came out with my girls then another two with a younger man who turned out to be the fiance's brother in handcuffs.

It was explained to me and DH that the brother was a child predator and with him living in the house, the girls shouldn't have even been allowed in, let alone to spend the night. The parents said they thought that since it's not his house, it's theirs it was fine, that it would only be if it was legally his house.

My girls are fine, they were not touch in any way but if they had spent the night, that might have been a different story, thank God they had the sense to call me.

The police told me that my ex will probably face a child endangerment  charges. I called my attorney (at 9 pm but he said if something serious happens call him day or night on his cell) and he is going to the Clerk of Court today to file a motion to have visitation suspended, a motion to find him in contempt of court and a couple other things.

My ex called me last night, we had just gotten home and I guess they had just gotten to his parents house as we left. He wasn't concerned about our girls or the danger he put them in, he was calling to bitch me out because I ruined his life. His fiance' called off their engagement because her brother will probably have to do another few years of jail time. He also found out that he is going to be arrested and charged with child endangerment (the cops had left by then but they know where he lives and where he works so it won't be long) and so he is freaking out

I am just so mad that this happened and that on top of that, my ex doesn't even care about the girls and what could have happened to them..

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow... glad your kids are OK. Ur ex is an ass
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Im so sorry your ex is a selfish cock. Did he know the brother was a sex predator? That mau be something the fiance kept from him and if it is, that would have been a deal breaker right there for me having kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM

glad you got them out of there just in case. He may have had no interest in your children whatsoever (do you know who he attacked? I think you can look up the age/gender somewhere) but better safe then sorry... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Did your ex know about the brother? I don't see how he can get charged.. Yes, he made a poor decision, but it's his fiances parents I assume he thought he knew & could trust them. Glad your kids are safe. I wouldn't keep them away from their dad because of this though.
siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Oh wow. Well, I'm glad your girls are ok. Your ex and his parents don't seem very bright.
JTnJT
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Wow!   I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.  I sure hope you nail ex's balls to the wall, as he put your children in serious danger, it's due to your DD's quick thinking that you were able to get them out of there safely.  As for the ex....I say, he gets what he gets....next time (if ever there IS a next time) perhaps he will think about his children first, and himself last....as it should be!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I don't know if he knew BUT it is public record so if he didn't, he should have. He did knew that the brother lived there.

Quoting -spork2.0-:

Im so sorry your ex is a selfish cock. Did he know the brother was a sex predator? That mau be something the fiance kept from him and if it is, that would have been a deal breaker right there for me having kids.

lunyuny
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow. Going to get coffee its early for this. Though I am so glad the girls are good and had the ability to call you. What an ass your ex is. I see why hes an ex. It sounds like you have good support at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM

There were 3 different girls, the youngest was 6 and the oldest was 12, my girls fit right in there. He may not have done anything but he shouldn't have even been in the home with them there and he knew it. That was a condition of his parole.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

glad you got them out of there just in case. He may have had no interest in your children whatsoever (do you know who he attacked? I think you can look up the age/gender somewhere) but better safe then sorry... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN