Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food stamp cuts

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 618 Replies
What do you think of it?

Watching the news this morning and one woman's food stamps are getting cut from $91 to $15. I couldn't imagine being in that situation.
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
17 moms liked this

I think it is ultimately going to hurt the families who need it the most.

ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Me too
Quoting Hanab818:

lostpassword
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this
This. and i know alot of people who are on them. and some of them i wanna say haha i am not paying for your shit anymore!!!!!! and some i wanna hug and say sorry and give them a ten dollar bag of meats and rice and beans. poor kids.

Quoting Hanab818:

ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Me too. They were interviewing people at this Christian food bank and this one woman has no clue how she's going to get enough food on the table but she tries to get the most expensive things like meat from food banks and buy the cheaper stuff at the store
Quoting lostpassword:

This. and i know alot of people who are on them. and some of them i wanna say haha i am not paying for your shit anymore!!!!!! and some i wanna hug and say sorry and give them a ten dollar bag of meats and rice and beans. poor kids.

Quoting Hanab818:

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

they had signs up at my WM stating that there has been a decrease and to make sure you heck your baance and  have enough to cover what you are buying. Mine went from $16 to $15 so no biggie!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Well guess someone will have to get a J O B
lostpassword
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats sad. I am glad I didnt see that. I have honestly seen people with kids who need them to feed them kids and get by. Then I see these sorry ass people in similar situations getting stamps and selling them, buying for other people, and thats just being down right wrong. Youre suppose to buy your kids and family good healthy food to eat. Not sell the damn stamps for clothes.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Me too. They were interviewing people at this Christian food bank and this one woman has no clue how she's going to get enough food on the table but she tries to get the most expensive things like meat from food banks and buy the cheaper stuff at the store
Quoting lostpassword:

Quoting Hanab818:

ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Glad yours didn't get cut too bad. There was another one on the news that had around $200 in fs and it got cut to like $50
Quoting mom2priceboys:

they had signs up at my WM stating that there has been a decrease and to make sure you heck your baance and  have enough to cover what you are buying. Mine went from $16 to $15 so no biggie!!

KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM
My SIL got like a $30 cut
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I think they should cut down to 0.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN