Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas decorations should be ILLEGAL!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Until at least December first. I'm tired of seeing people on my Facebook posting pictures of their Christmas tree and saying they're listening to Christmas music. I'm also tired of all the Christmas adds in the news papers, on tv and seeing Christmas decorations in the store. They started in early October and it seems like it's earlier and earlier every year. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas time, but come on. I don't usually rant but I'm tired of it.. Lol
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (181-187):
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am tired of the grinch ass bitches all over the place trying to suck the fun out of Every. Single. Holiday.  

Everyone hates Halloween.  Everyone hates Christmas.  

When did people get so many sticks shoved up their ass that they can't have any fun anymore?  

redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Geesh

Let people enjoy the season any way they want, for however long they want.
YuppyMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

ACtually, Christmas--even from the Christian p-o-v is more than one day--as it lasts from the 25th of December through the Epiphany in January.  That said -- I agree that Nov. 1st begins the Christmas "season"

Quoting Anonymous:

Xmas is one day, not two months.

Quoting crackerjack728:

As far as I'm concerned Nov 1st is the start of xmas season.

So just because you wait until late to start yours, there is no reason to stomp on everyone elses parade. 

Bah humbug!

crackerjack728
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Not for me. So you put your tree up on dec 25th? Thats weird. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Xmas is one day, not two months.

Quoting crackerjack728:

As far as I'm concerned Nov 1st is the start of xmas season.

So just because you wait until late to start yours, there is no reason to stomp on everyone elses parade. 

Bah humbug!

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My mom is going in for spinal surgery on Wednesday so she has her house all decked out now.

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Normally I refuse to put anything up until after thanksgiving but I have toying with the idea of putting my decor up a little earlier this year because I'll be in the hospital over thanksgiving and I'm not sure how fast I'll recover from the csection plus I'll have a newborn. So I might do it early so I can somewhat enjoy decorating with my girls.
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

My ss and his family put up their tree already.

I'm trying to convince my hubby to put up our outside lights this weekend.   He really doesn't want to, but I'm hoping to convince him.  (Last year I switched to blue lights in hopes of convincing him they are also for Colts football so that he would leave them up longer.)

I won't put the tree up until Thanksgiving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN