Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas decorations should be ILLEGAL!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Until at least December first. I'm tired of seeing people on my Facebook posting pictures of their Christmas tree and saying they're listening to Christmas music. I'm also tired of all the Christmas adds in the news papers, on tv and seeing Christmas decorations in the store. They started in early October and it seems like it's earlier and earlier every year. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas time, but come on. I don't usually rant but I'm tired of it.. Lol
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

With the economy, I think mroe and more people try to start ealier..they can really budget better that way.

Personally, I dont decorate until the day after thanksgiving.. Our youngest are 2 this year tho and I just canttttt wait.. Its killing me! I have even begun xmas shopping already.. so odd, but yea..super excited this year!

KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Ignore it?
JleeB
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I don't mind people Christmas shopping. Sales are my best friend, but then again I don't go all out and buy a ton of presents so I just pick up things when I see them but decorating irritates me lol

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Yes it does begin a bit too early but I start looking around for things I want to get onsale in Oct cause I'm too poor to buy everything on the spot at Chritmas! Thank God for Walmart Layaway!

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

happy hallowthanksmas =-D

crackerjack728
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It doesn't give me enough time at all.  Which is why it goes up earlier than that, lol. 

Putting it up December first or hell even after thanksgiving still gives you more than enough time to "celebrate" the Christmas season.

Quoting crackerjack728:

As far as I'm concerned Nov 1st is the start of xmas season.

So just because you wait until late to start yours, there is no reason to stomp on everyone elses parade. 

Bah humbug!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am tired of the grinch ass bitches all over the place trying to suck the fun out of Every. Single. Holiday.  

Everyone hates Halloween.  Everyone hates Christmas.  

When did people get so many sticks shoved up their ass that they can't have any fun anymore?  

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
there was some at our walmart in july :-(. i cried
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
They walmart here had their Halloween clearanced trying to get rid of it the first week of October. Hobby Lobby had half an aisle for "fall" decorations and Christmas was in the other 6-7. They had their little half aisle restocked every time I went with new stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well once they sell their stock what would you like them to do? Leave the shelf empty? 

Quoting justinnaimee:

My problem is I LOVE halloween. Do you know how many stores were over halloween and onto Christmas by October 1? It was mind boggling to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am tired of the grinch ass bitches all over the place trying to suck the fun out of Every. Single. Holiday.  

Everyone hates Halloween.  Everyone hates Christmas.  

When did people get so many sticks shoved up their ass that they can't have any fun anymore?  

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I agree it's a little early, but I still love it. I love seeing the Christmas decorations up in stores. I make myself wait to do the tree until the day after Thanksgiving, but I start getting other decorations out before then. My kids want to put their tree up this weekend.

JleeB
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I tried to ignore it but it seems like it's thrown in my face everywhere I turn. I love Christmas, so I think that's why it bugs me. Commercializing it and putting up the decorations months in advance is kinda irritating lol

Quoting Teeshann:

i think it's crazy everything comes out so early but i don't let it bother me so much. i just laugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN