Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Since everyone is an expert on manners, let me ask you ladies a serious question...

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 29 Replies
Ok. My friends have a son that "dated" my neice. They are 15 years old, and by "dated" I mean they hung out at school and at their parents house. lol...I remember those days... She dumped him for being too clingy. They are still friends. However, they are all coming to our house for a chicken stew tonight and their son wants to bring his new "girlfriend"...they all go to the same school in a very small town and I know she doesn't like this girl. Should I, A. call my neice and see how she feels about it? B. Tell them no? C. Tell him it's ok to bring the new girlfriend because it's my party and I do what I wanna!! or D. Fuck off You tell me ladies!!!!!!!
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Invite who YOU want, its YOUR house afterall 

ZombieChicken
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Its a tough age and I would likely talk to her and see how she feels. It sounds like he's playing games to me.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd warn your niece but explain you expect her to be on her best behavior and if she doesn't think she can control herself she best not come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
If he wants the new girlfriend there, that should be okay, IMO.
md3mom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
If it wasn't for the situation with your neice, would you be ok with the new girlfriend coming? If so,option C and just call your niece to inform her so she's not surprised.
jaycam
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't let the new girlfriend come for the fact that I wouldn't want any drama going on because of her.

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

it would be more important for my family to feel comfortable at my home and i would say no to the girlfriend if it bothered my niece.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

when the invite was extended, did you say "you can bring a guest?"

manners dictate you stick to the invitee's invitation verbatim, if it was meant for family (no guests) then it should stay like that. If you said guests are ok then the gf should be allowed to come regardless of how your niece feels. We all have to act civilly with people who we do not want to be around. part of growing up

Rajeshsmom
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Invite who you want, it's your house!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What if the niece is fine with it but the new girlfriend only wants to be there to through it in her face that she's with the niece's ex and starts a problem. I don't think that her own neice shouldn't be allowed to come to her own aunts but yet some girl that she doesn't even really know gets to come because her niece's ex asked if his girlfriend could come. Niece, ex boyfriend and new girlfriend should all be on their best behavior not just the niece.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I'd warn your niece but explain you expect her to be on her best behavior and if she doesn't think she can control herself she best not come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN