Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas arguments

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Another post kinda pushed my buttons. I really can't believe people are already arguing over Christmas gifts. Christmas isn't about what presents you get. It's about family (well to me, I'm not Christian). I can't afford electronics or high value items. I'm lucky to get a couple of gifts for my kids. But to argue over a damn tv? Seriously? There are families out there that won't have anything! They don't even know if they will get a meal. I've already donated clothes and food items for those families because it breaks my heart knowing there are kids who most likely won't receive anything. Be thankful for what you have and be thankful you have a family to celebrate with.
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayla864
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I agree. .some people just dont know what to bitch about smh
michellej428
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

AMEN!

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's sad really reading about this mom who is pissed because she didn't want a 50 inch but her dh wanted to get it for her. I'm like really? I would love to get a bigger tv to put in our bedroom but my kids need new tennis shoes and extra winter clothes and we still have bills. Christmas shouldn't be about gifts
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Did they have bills to pay?

Quoting momoftwoboys12:

It's sad really reading about this mom who is pissed because she didn't want a 50 inch but her dh wanted to get it for her. I'm like really? I would love to get a bigger tv to put in our bedroom but my kids need new tennis shoes and extra winter clothes and we still have bills. Christmas shouldn't be about gifts

MayBeeIAm
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm getting ready to just do stockings and say FUCK the GIFTS! The drama over agonizing over what to get for whom is so ridiculous!

I'm pretty sure little kids in third world countries who have no hope ... NO HOPE of ever getting out of the dirty sweat shop their parents have sold them into would LOVE a freaking stocking and that would be PLENTY!

Get a grip people! Christmas is about LOVE
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100% OP, but brace yourself, it's only going to get worse, and also brace yourself, because there are more then likely going to be moms saying " Oh you know when Christmas is, why aren't you putting away a million dollars a month, or get a job".

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I think she has every right to be upset. shrugs.

abecee
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM

We live for the christmas posts/drama on cm, interrupted briefly by pa, child abuse, working vs non working moms, etc.  I say bring it on

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I've always wanted a Christmas with my family, even extended fam with no gifts, maybe a few for the kids but that's it. A Christmas were we just go away somewhere and enjoy each others company
momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I know. But being a sahm I still have an income along with dh but it's enough to pay bills and get food. There's barely any left to spare. But my kids are too young to understand Christmas so this year doesn't really matter

Quoting cutebaby06:

I agree 100% OP, but brace yourself, it's only going to get worse, and also brace yourself, because there are more then likely going to be moms saying " Oh you know when Christmas is, why aren't you putting away a million dollars a month, or get a job".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)