Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you CHOSE to be a single mom! STOP ACTING LIKE A MARTYR!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies
2 moms liked this

First of all this is not for the ladies that had no choice in the circumstances that led them to be a single mom. Or the ladies whom if the Father was involved would be a danger to the child i.e. drugs, abusive... etc. 

My best friend is an absolutely wonderful man and hard worker. He had an ex who essentially used him to get pregnant and told him how much she wanted to have a baby, how wonderful it would be to be parents, and how great it would be to raise a child together. She got pregnant and broke up with him. She eventually started saying that he was a horrible person and could never raise a child. He begged her all through her pregnancy to let him come to appts with her, to let him see her, to let him see an ultrasound. She told him he would never see the child and that he shouldn't have even told his parents about the baby because he would never be a  part of its life. He was/ is heartbroken. He eventually backed off after she threatened to go to the police about him and told her he would always be there if she changed her mind about wanting him in their life. He started putting money away during her pregnancy to help with doctor costs/ child costs once the baby was born. Fastforward and the baby is now a little over a year. He's saved over 5,000 so far for this baby and is still waiting for the phone call that she wants him to meet his daughter. He calls once a month to ask to meet her. Now we hear via social media and mutual friends that she is sharing her "story of being a single mom and being left to have a baby by herself". She's actually speaking to groups and telling them how hard she had it when her baby's father abandoned her and how horrible of a person he is for not sticking with her/ doing drugs/ being irresponsible when in reality it was the complete opposite. He begged her to stop smoking once she was pregnant, she didn't (cigs or other drugs), he absolutely begged her to marry him so they could be a family, and she laughed in his face. It's amazing she has the audacity to play the hero for being a single mom when he has only done what she's told him to, stay the hell away. 

Ladies, If a man is TRULY bad for your CHILD, fine, It's a good thing to not have them in their lives, but honestly, If you are keeping the father away for your benefit, because you just don't want him to or you want to cause him pain, You are a SELFISH WITCH. Your child will grow up without both of their parents because it inconveniences you. Even if you just don't want to be in a relationship with the father and have a new significant other, Make sure the FATHER is still a part of his kids life. His child could grow up thinking they weren't important enough or their father was a horrrible person when in fact he's hurting to see his child.

After hearing this my best friend has decided to go for the paternity test and get all of this started in courts. He didn't want to pressure his ex or make the child go through hell but he's hurting to be a part of his baby girl's life. He came from a broken home where all his mother did was bash his father and he wanted to save her from that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

My aunt did the same thing... took off on her ds's father, then played "poor me"... still does, and he is 25! It is not right. The baby deserves two parents. It is very selfish to rob a child of a fit parent.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My sil left a great man because she was "not happy." Now complains how hard it is to be a single mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
19 moms liked this
Let me guess... You heard all these things from him? There are three sides to every story his, hers, and the truth (somewhere in the middle usually). Sigh.
Krysta622
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this
If I were him, I'd find out where she's speaking, go there, and correct her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Actually from him and her best friend.... who thought she was being terribly unfair to him

Quoting Anonymous:

Let me guess... You heard all these things from him? There are three sides to every story his, hers, and the truth (somewhere in the middle usually). Sigh.

greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Your friend is dumb
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I know girl that did that to her ex.. She filled for a restraining order because he said he was going to come for a change of custody and claimed her threatened to kidnap the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm confused. What would she go the police for? Why didn't he file for visitation?
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM
7 moms liked this
This. And if he really wanted to be involved he could take her to family court.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
J-KsMommy
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
6 moms liked this
He has no one to blame but himself for not taking legal action against her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)