Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about getting an infant's ears pierced?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How do you feel about a mom who gets her infant daughter's ears pierced? 

Is it trashy? Normal? Should they wait until they get older?

What about piercing a boy's ears? At what age is that acceptable? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (171-176):
Elizabeth1131
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
This* ... but I got mine done on my 6th b-day. I want my daughter to be able to make that decision herself :)

Quoting momwriter:

I would wait until the child asks to have it done. I got mine done at 7.

sara82lee
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I have a sister who somehow ripped one of her earrings out as an infant. Literally tore her little earlobe through. Maybe my parents could have gotten it stitched back together, but they didn't. So to this day she has that slit where her earring ripped her ear because it healed separated like that.

To me, babies are plenty cute without earrings. I wouldn't do it.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I think it's dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

It's not my place to perform cosmetic procedures on my children, if they want their ears pierced they can do it when they're old enough to go to a professional piercer. I would never allow them to get it done with a piercing gun and any parent who allows that is irresponsible. 

AlliBeeC
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I wanted to get my daughters ears pierced when they were babies, their dad didn't want to. We agreed that when they were 5 they could decide. My oldest couldn't wait and was counting down the days til her 5th birthday and got them done that day. My youngest is 6 and still doesn't have hers done. She said she wants to wait until she is 7. If she decides she wants them done before that, she will get them done. 

proudnewmomm630
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I'm not piercing my son Neal ears now not why he's under my roof now if he want to when he get older that's fine.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured