Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

X-mas drama, ALREADY?! WWYD??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

Dhs family wants to go out of town for x-mas. For a week. We can't go the whole week bc he has to work, so we where going to drive up for Christmas Eve night and leave Christmas Day. It's a 5 hour drive for us one way. So everyone is chipping in for the cabin, $150 per family for the week. His sister told hi he has to pay the full week even if we go one night. So I told dh I don't want to go. It would be a waste of money. Not only would we have to pay the $150 we would have to pay for gas, gifts, food, etc. $150 is a lot to us right now. So he called and told his sister we won't be coming, she said "I already booked the cabin. You will have to pay anyway." Uhhhh no. Fuck that. $150 will buy our kids Christmas gifts. My family is going to the SAME place for thanksgiving, my dad is giving us this family time together as a gift. As in paying for the cabin. WWYD? Dhs family dislikes me anyway so I'm not worried about them getting mad at me but they are punishing dh and it's not fair. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
To clarify, everyone else is staying over a week. I asked SIL if we can pay less since we will only be there 24 hours and she said no.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't go. Plain and simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Don't let him be guilt tripped
sissy502
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
9 moms liked this

she booked the cabin she can pay for the cabin

JleeB
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
They sound like douche canoes. If you didn't agree to get the cabin and pay, they can't just "make" you pay.
ashwee356

Don't go. SIL sounds like a bitch.

abecee
5 moms liked this

For certain I wouldn't be paying a dime for the cabin.  I think its time you and your dh starts making your own traditions for YOUR family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

don't go, don't pay. 

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
When were the plans and agreements for the cabin made? Did you originally agree to the full week? Did you know when his sister was reserving the cabin?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Don't go. Plain and simple.

Oh, I'm not. I was going to just to be nice. I don't really want to be around a bunch of people who dislike me anyway

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN