Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugly kids (Anon on for this)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you adopt in my shoes?

Options:

Yes

No, I'd just marry another mate

I wouldn't have children

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

Dead serious here. When it comes to thinking about starting a family with my fiance the more and more I want to adopt. He is a great person but I've never been physically attracted to him. He is young and doesn't have any teeth. His family all has bad teeth. He lost them due to early decay. Obesity also runs in his family. He is just overweight but two other members are obese and two other is overweight. He has a HUGE nose. Everything that could be wrong with it is wrong with it. It is super long, fat, has a bump on the bridge is really crooked and swings to his right and on top of that his tip has a beak deformity. His entire family has terrible vision. His is so bad they won't make light glasses in his frame so he needs plastic frames. His father has eyesight so bad that he may go blind. Asthma has affected all of his siblings. As much as I may love him I cannot in all justice have children with this man. I know he'd has a hard childhood being toothless, fat, coke-bottle glasses and that nose. Also I'm not the best looking person either so I cannot bank on my genetics to ride me through on this. 

It isn't just about looks. Breast cancer runs in his family. Heart trouble. Asthma. Obesity. Mental illness. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly if you are not attracted to him, you should not marry him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Also obesity is caused by eating too much and lack of exercise, not by genetics.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I bet he knows how you feel too. How do you sleep with someone you're not attracted to??
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
How do you guarantee those things won't run in an adopted child's genes.
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I wouldn't marry a dude I wasn't into that's all I know..
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I wouldn't marry someone I'm not attracted to.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I wouldnt marry someone that I wasnt attracted to. 

Photo: -Randi.

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I wouldn't marry someone I see so much nrgative in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I am wondering why you are with him at this point. I'd say if you don't want to be with him in every way then he's not the right one for you to marry. You either accept a person as-is or you find someone else. At least in my humble opinion.

drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I didnt vote - I would have children with the man I marry.  If you love your fiance then stick with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)