Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FREE 3 YEAR OLD LITTLE BRAT! (VENT)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies

I AM SO OVER THIS TANTRUM BULLSHIT. THIS IS THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW THIS LITTLE GIRL HAS WOKEN UP HER OLDER BROTHER WITH HER CRYING AND SCREAMING. TODAY SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE DIDN'T WANT TO LIVE WITH ME OR HER DADDY ANYMORE BECAUSE WE ARE MEAN. NOW SHE TOLD US THAT WE CAN LEAVE SHE WILL STAY HERE. IT IS EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING. 2 WEEKS AGO SHE WAS A GREAT CHILD. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN IT IS A TANTRUM AND SCREAMING OVER EVERYTHING. I LOOK AT HER WRONG AND IT IS A FALLING APART TANTRUM. HELP!!!!The screaming and crying has made me lose my sanity. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parentalrights1
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Any change in the house?

Have you tried approaching her after she's calmed down to ask her why she's been so upset?

Counselor?

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM
22 moms liked this
Welcome to the terrible 3s. Waaaaaay worse than 2
Adexecmom
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I would take a hormonal, testy teenager over a three year old any day.  Three year olds will test you like no other age.  I have one in college, one in high school, so I've made it to the other side of all of it, lol.  But four is your reward.  My kids were perfect at four.  You have to be strict.  You and your husband have to be on the same page and back each other up.  She needs a strict schedule, she needs love, but she needs discipline.  And no reaction from tantrums.  Walk away.  Remove her from the situation.  Good luck.

buckeyefever
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I would but my two and a half year old is bad enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Send to her room before the tantrum gets bad.
ashli488
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

i would take her, but i have one of those myself although shes acting out since daddy deployed...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw, I'm sorry.  I have a 3 year old girl too.  She tests me EVERY day.  And for both my girls, 3 is way worse than 2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, mysteries never cease. With a mother as even-tempered as you are, with your wonderfully reasonable expectations, it's a total shock that your child is acting like this.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this
The whining of 4 and 5 just about did me in.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Welcome to the terrible 3s. Waaaaaay worse than 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Pick her up and put her in her room and close the door.  If she comes out screaming put her back.  No reaction no talking to her until she calms down.  Keep doing it and she will learn that she is getting no where with being a brat.  Three year olds are hard!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN