Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

His ex's BF is out of line

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My BF's ex has custody of their 5 year old. My BF is supposed to get every other weekend but he can't bc of his work schedule and his vehicle is a POS so unless she drives her a hour and a half to his house, he won't see his daughter.

So her BF has been in her DD's life for MAYBE a year and a half. They just bought a house together and now the guys playing daddy to my BF's daughter. He puts her in time out and she's always posting pics of them doing stuff together and holding hands and her sitting on his lap. He even has the nerve to tell my BF that he needs to see his daughter more!!! Like he wouldn't if he could,,,whatever. My BF wants to beat his ass but he's keeping the peace for his DD's sake.

I think he should take her back to court. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HumanBeing
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
9 moms liked this
I think if your bf wanted to see the kid he would.

It's great that the child has a father like figure who is involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Wait, so if it's a stepMOM she's overstepping, but a (not even) stepdad is a "father like figure" and a positive thing? That doesn't sound like a double standard to you?

Quoting HumanBeing:

TaughtTot
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think your BF is trying hard enough.

My sons dad lives an hour and a half away and we make it work. 

If he never sees his daughter and the other man has took over the position, that is a consequence to not being around your child.  Honestly.

If he was solely raising his daughter and the mom didn't see her you'd be stepping in as a motherly role.  And mom would have to suck it up and deal with it because she isn't in her childs life enough to be a proper Mother figure. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Do you enjoy the cauldron of misery you've created for yourself?

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM
4 moms liked this
Maybe your boyfriend should make an effort to make his daughter a priority! He can work to change his work schedule, get a different job, move closer and get a reliable vehicle. Time for him to man up or you both better get use to another MAN being her dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Ok....so what's the issue? Your bf should see his kid more, and try harder to make that shit happen. Pos car or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Sorry I would move mountains to see my child. Your BF isn't trying hard enough
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM
How is he overstepping?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait, so if it's a stepMOM she's overstepping, but a (not even) stepdad is a "father like figure" and a positive thing? That doesn't sound like a double standard to you?

Quoting HumanBeing:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM
We drove 3 hours so my dh could see his kids. We even did it once during a state of emergency so if your bf wanted to see his kid 90 minutes away he would make it work. And why should he take her back to court, just because he bf has stepped up and done what your bf isn't? Yeah the judge will love that
askyourmother
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

what is going to court going to solve? If it's his visitation time it's HIS responsibility to get there and pick her up. Mom shouldn't have to drive. He needs to figure it out. If you're so concerned why don't YOU drive him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)