Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$60 might end my relationship.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So the other day I went to Home Depot with my boyfriend to get some concrete. I didnt want to go in so I gave him my card and he went to get it. This morning when I went to buy some baby food, I realized he still has my card.

Just being curious, I looked at my bank account and there was a new charge for $60. Im livid. Its not THAT much money, but the fact that he didnt say anything to me about it is complete bullshit.

When I asked, he said it was for his brother who needed help with rent. Uh, who the fuck gets $60 in the middle of the night for rent?

I know I am partly to blame, because I didnt ask for the card back, but is it illegal for him to do that? Like, if I call the cops will he get arrested?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM

This is one of those 'soul seeking' relationship issues as I like to call them. My ex husband did that with my debit card ALL the time. The only money coming in at the time was our baby daughter's SSI money. She needed constant care so I couldn't work, he was a lazy ass who wouldn't work. I'd get all the bills paid and expect to have gas money left in the account for the rest of the month to get her to doctor appts, for clothes/toys/etc for her, MAYBE a special treat for the house which basically meant actually replacing the filter to the furnace, not just vacuuming off the two year old one, or buying a real vacuum bag not using a paper grocery sack and duct tape...

Ex would take the debit card out of my wallet after I went to bed, PUSH the car out of the driveway and down the road a ways, then go buy beer and get cash back. He'd sneak off at the Walmart and buy a video game he'd been wanting. He'd pay per view stuff we couldn't really afford. I found out that just because we were married he did NOT have the right to do any of it, which is what I assumed all along. He was NOT an authorized user on the DirecTV account. He wasn't an authorized user on the long distance phone card. He DEFINITELY wasn't an authorized user on the debit card.

When we divorced he ended up with separate bills from DTV and Verizon for the accrued charges on the accounts that were in my name (I went through all the back bills and highlighted calls to his family he told me he never spoke to, movies and events he said other people had 'chipped in' for, etc) and the judge awarded me additional monetary compensation to replace the money he spent on non-approved expenditures (legal term, not mine) over the course of the four years she received SSI.

If you guys aren't married, that's an even bigger red flag and I wouldn't let it fly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I would dump him! I bet it was for drugs! Has he ever been a pill user OP? My ex was and when I found out, he would regularly spend $60 on percocet 30's. Loser. Pissed me off so bad!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I wonder why my bank prosecuted my father in law then. I giving him my card and PIN to use one time and later he used it to take $100 out without permission.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it's not. She physically gave him the card and pin. If he stole card out of wallet then yes, but she gave it to him

***I have worked in bank fraud dept for 20 years.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Yeah that's illegal

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
If you have kids together, you should just let him know it's not ok instead of ending it over that.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I don't know. I haven't read the rest of the replies but after two years of dating if dh had needed 60$ he could have taken it without asking. But every relationship is different.

Quoting Anonymous:

Almost two years. But we keep our money separate. Its not an issue of the amount, but that he didnt even think to ask. He made an excuse that his phone was dead, but thats not good enough for me.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Are you guys a new couple and only have "your" money? I could not care less if dh Used 60$ on my card even when we were just dating. Unless you suspect it's for drugs or something I don't see the issue?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

ohhhhh that makes me wonder if thats what my ex was stealing money out of my acct for...Constantly money would go missing and i didnt know what he was doing with it didnt have anything to show for it and would SWEAR he had nothing to do with it but was the only other one who had access to my acct........... o,o 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would dump him! I bet it was for drugs! Has he ever been a pill user OP? My ex was and when I found out, he would regularly spend $60 on percocet 30's. Loser. Pissed me off so bad!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Let me get this straight, you gave him your card and pin to buy something and you didn't ask for it back. Then he takes out. $60 for someone who needed it and you want to have him arrested and break up with him? That's some petty, immature shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM
If you gave him the card and pin, they should not have.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder why my bank prosecuted my father in law then. I giving him my card and PIN to use one time and later he used it to take $100 out without permission.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it's not. She physically gave him the card and pin. If he stole card out of wallet then yes, but she gave it to him

***I have worked in bank fraud dept for 20 years.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Yeah that's illegal

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

yes, he would be arrested for theft/credit card fraud

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM
This is why you get married before you procreate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what Im thinking... I keep giving myself the excuse that hes the father of my kids so I "cant," but I know thats not true.

Quoting .betty.white.:

You can't trust him dump him. That wouldn't fly with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN