Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$60 might end my relationship.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So the other day I went to Home Depot with my boyfriend to get some concrete. I didnt want to go in so I gave him my card and he went to get it. This morning when I went to buy some baby food, I realized he still has my card.

Just being curious, I looked at my bank account and there was a new charge for $60. Im livid. Its not THAT much money, but the fact that he didnt say anything to me about it is complete bullshit.

When I asked, he said it was for his brother who needed help with rent. Uh, who the fuck gets $60 in the middle of the night for rent?

I know I am partly to blame, because I didnt ask for the card back, but is it illegal for him to do that? Like, if I call the cops will he get arrested?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Yep I've been in that situation before...take it from me and run far away...he will do it again...
My bftook my card and stole $100 to paid his phone bill. Later, even when I told him to park his car in the street in the right direction, he refused to listen..and got a ticket..and then stole my money to pay for it...
I swear I almost murdered him. Omg writing this makes my blood boil.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM

so,what happened?is he still your boyfriend?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep I've been in that situation before...take it from me and run far away...he will do it again...
My bftook my card and stole $100 to paid his phone bill. Later, even when I told him to park his car in the street in the right direction, he refused to listen..and got a ticket..and then stole my money to pay for it...
I swear I almost murdered him. Omg writing this makes my blood boil.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Eh $60 in crack isnt much... id say most people would take $100 st least

Quoting tapies2324:

I'm thinking crack. Dude needed another fix and her card was available.

Quoting Anonymous:

Now im thinking what kind... $60 is alot for one person if it s mj. Maybe something

Quoting tapies2324:

Yep, my thought as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, sounds more like a drug thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I had this problem with my ex but he took bill money I had stashed because his friend needed gas and was stranded.. I was pissed and went off and after two weeks of me being a complete bitch he paid me back but then went to take my debit card and put it in the negative $700 plus took the $200 that was already in there. I was pissed. And the bank said there was nothing I could do because he had my pin number. I didn't give him the pin number he had just watched me put it in so many times he had it memorized without me knowing. He never paid me back but I did leave his ass. It turned out that he was actually buying drugs and doing them while I was a work and I had no clue. I'd dump his ass and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Sounds like the money was for him. Probably for drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM
He paid his gf's rent not his brothers.
boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Why does he need your card?   Why did he not use his own?    Why did he not hand the card back after making the concrete purchase?    Why did he not tell you about the $60, and again...why use your card and not his own?    

Kick him to the curb

cleigh717
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

very good advice! 

Quoting Mamie_85:

do you want him to get arrested? why not just break up and move on? learn your lesson and grow from the experience.

hypnautica
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM

If he has your pin number then no, there is nothing that can be done but if it was credit then yes you can get him in trouble. If he has your pin and got money then it is your word against his. He can tell the cops you sent him to get the money but if he signed your name thats a whole different ball park.

tapies2324
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking that he ran out of his own money and wanted more. A crackhead will steal from anybody.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh $60 in crack isnt much... id say most people would take $100 st least

Quoting tapies2324:

I'm thinking crack. Dude needed another fix and her card was available.

Quoting Anonymous:

Now im thinking what kind... $60 is alot for one person if it s mj. Maybe something

Quoting tapies2324:

Yep, my thought as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, sounds more like a drug thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)