Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$60 might end my relationship.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So the other day I went to Home Depot with my boyfriend to get some concrete. I didnt want to go in so I gave him my card and he went to get it. This morning when I went to buy some baby food, I realized he still has my card.

Just being curious, I looked at my bank account and there was a new charge for $60. Im livid. Its not THAT much money, but the fact that he didnt say anything to me about it is complete bullshit.

When I asked, he said it was for his brother who needed help with rent. Uh, who the fuck gets $60 in the middle of the night for rent?

I know I am partly to blame, because I didnt ask for the card back, but is it illegal for him to do that? Like, if I call the cops will he get arrested?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (121-130):
Erica705
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Girl, if $60 MAY end your relationship, end it. Heard the phrase 'Don't sweat the small stuff'? If you need to, then what's going to happen when there's a big thing? Also, if he knows you need that $60 and still took it without even consulting you, um big no no. Ditch the dude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yep, you really can't do much about it since you gave him your pin number. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

If you have him your pin, you are responsible. You can't prove you didn't give authorization at that point. Never give someone your pin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. Thats why Im asking if its illegal.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Did you give him the pin number?

cerainwondrland
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Oh ok! You sound more qualified than I am so I'll take ur word for it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it's not. She physically gave him the card and pin. If he stole card out of wallet then yes, but she gave it to him

***I have worked in bank fraud dept for 20 years.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Yeah that's illegal

bonitalilmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Yes he can get arrested . You are not married so therefore it's just your card and he used it against your will.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Dump him and run !!!! My ex husband was incredibly irresponsible with money and over the 7 years we were married lost thousands of dollars, ruined my credit, got our car repossessed and would empty our bank account and bounce checks all over town.  He even opened credit accounts at the convenience stores near our house and would run up 80-100 tabs buying his "friends" coffee and himself lottery tickets etc.  I would walk in to the store to get something and the owner would be like, "you owe me $80" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

He clearly had the PIN number......so not fraud but a good lesson for you!!!!

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

do you live together? how long have you lived together

abecee
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

do you live together?  do you share common everyday things? He will not get arrested because you gave him the card.  You willingly handed it over to him.

this much angst and drama over 60 dollars and even the thought of pressing charges and him being arrested for a measly 60 dollars loudly screams to me this relationship SHOULD END

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM
That's why they say do not give your card or pin to anyone. Nothing you can do.

If you have children with this man and are thinking of having him thrown in jail over $60, please end the relationship now! It is in no way healthy for your children to live in that environment!
TittyTwister
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

get your money back and dump him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)