Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$60 might end my relationship.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So the other day I went to Home Depot with my boyfriend to get some concrete. I didnt want to go in so I gave him my card and he went to get it. This morning when I went to buy some baby food, I realized he still has my card.

Just being curious, I looked at my bank account and there was a new charge for $60. Im livid. Its not THAT much money, but the fact that he didnt say anything to me about it is complete bullshit.

When I asked, he said it was for his brother who needed help with rent. Uh, who the fuck gets $60 in the middle of the night for rent?

I know I am partly to blame, because I didnt ask for the card back, but is it illegal for him to do that? Like, if I call the cops will he get arrested?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (131-140):
PestPatti
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bonitalilmama:

Yes he can get arrested . You are not married so therefore it's just your card and he used it against your will.

She willingly gave him the card and pin number. 

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
It was wrong for him to do. He should have discussed it with you first.

It's petty for you to want him arrested over, though. If you gave him your card and pin number, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything you could do about it anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

You gave him the card did you also give him the pin # if so I don't think there is much you can do about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
60 for rent in the middle of the night?!??? Are you sure this guy doesn't have a drug problem
RMC007
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
You can try to press charges, but the bank will not gibe you your money back. Same thing happened to my cousin, but it was her sisters boyfriend that had the card. Because she gave the card and pin number to her sisters boyfriend to use, he was then considered an authorized user. She did press charges, but they were dropped because they boyfriend didn't steal the card. My cousin gave him the card to pick up something for herself, and he took all the money she had in her account.
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I don't get it either.  I am trying to explain that to my oldest son right now...if you don't want to put a ring on her don't have kids with her.

Do you share a bank account?  Live together?  Share expenses?  Maybe in his mind he figured it would okay to take the money.  I'm not saying it's right of course but if you live together like husband and wife maybe he's thinking well what's mine is hers and vice versa.  I never gave my pin number to anyone I didn't want to have access to my money.  So the only person who knew it was my husband, when I was married.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't get that whole multiple babies before marriage thing.  One is understandable.  Two?  C'mon now.  Why keep bringing life into this world with people who you can't trust to share your life and responsibilities with?  

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Umm yeah I think she already knows what she did was foolish.  Probably doesn't need some anon to hand it to her on a silver platter.  I've done stupid things with money too and now have had to build myself back up.  Just learn from it and resolve to do better.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a moron 

Quoting kiddycat73:

You need to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand. When my husband and I were dating, I allowed him access to my bank account. Worst decision I ever made. Another bad decision was not checking my account on a regular basis. Things happened recently that made me go and check my account and get the history for the whole 27 months that I've had this account. Turns out that he has been withdrawing on average 200-300 A WEEK...it added up to over $19,000 in just over 2 years. The whole time we have been struggling, and I knew in the back of my head that something wasn't right. But I stuck my head in the sand and ignored it because I didn't want to be alone. I blame myself completely because I should have been more aware. We are seperating now. He is moving to NY tomorrow. I don't know if I will ever forgive him or myself.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Get the card back and ask him for the money back

Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Better yet, why didn't he give him his $60, instead of your money? He's not your brother!
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Oh hell no. That is illegal and you better rip him a new one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)