Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he doesn't want a boy???? this is a ridiculous vent... feel free to ignore...long

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 64 Replies

I'm pregnant... obsessing over potential names... dh has been very vocal in names he doesn't like, but hasn't been very excited about names he does like.... for boys.. we have a girl name picked

This whole time, I honestly thought he was joking when he's say he doesn't want another boy, because... well... ds is a handful... and our dd is surprisingly easy... but he wasn't joking, he is actually seriously anti 2nd boy... 

He of course will love baby 3 (and he loves ds, very much) if it's a boy, he'll get over it when baby is here.. but I'm really bothered by this whole thing.

This baby was a surprise, he was the one that always said he wanted a third.... and he's not the one that does 90% of the parenting... for him to completely dismiss an entire sex because it might be hard work, that he probably won't be doing much of is frustrating... I feel slightly insulted, that might be hormones...

I just want him to think about names...

Having a boy doesn't guarantee a rough and tumble destructor, and having a girl doesn't guarantee a soft spoken, passive princess! And ds really is a sweet boy, but he's high energy and requires a lot patience.. like many kids.. but he's 2 1/2 and very polite, listens well in public... all in all... he's not bad, just a lot of work.. lol

Ok vent over... other than that conversation today had been lovely, dh bbqed, we clipped or chickens wings, and just sort of mosied around the back yard all day... but I just can't stop thinking about how he doesn't want a boy.... everyone wants this baby to be a girl except me, but I just don't feel that strongly either way...

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Freela
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

You're right in that gender does not determine personality.  I can relate, to a certain extent, as to how he feels about personality.  When I was pg with my third, I can remember both dh and I saying, "I just hope this one is not like ds!"  Not based on gender, but because ds is high maintenance and exhausting, and was a baby who never slept and cried constantly!  I don't know how I would have dealt with that with two other kids!

Ultimately, you'll get the child you get and he will love him, but I can understand why you're frustrated with him.  I hope he gets on board with boy names soon.

ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Everyone :wanted my son to be a girl, too. My husbands (stbx) aunt even offered her condolences!

I know how you feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

you should make him a junior!

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Condolences? That's low!! I'm sorry! 

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

Everyone :wanted my son to be a girl, too. My husbands (stbx) aunt even offered her condolences!

I know how you feel.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

you should make him a junior!

paintitblack0
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Vent all you would like...I would be bothered too

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

you do know he will change his tune once the baby arrives? 

abstractmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Everyone wanted my current baby to be a girl, and I got so many people saying "im sure youll get a girl some day" as though that was appropriate. Assholes.

How far along are you? Congrats either way!

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

I know how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My son is almost eleven and I've NEVER forgotten that.

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Condolences? That's low!! I'm sorry! 

Quoting ivegotrhythm:

I know how you feel.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I was desperate for a boy and kept having girls....three of them! Then I got my boy...who is the greatest thing...but now I am eating my words. This boy is a honey badger! My girls are angels. Anyway, point is....even if you feel very strongly about something, your feelings change. I'm sure your dh will be thrilled in the end...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)