Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edit: Help I'm pregnant!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
Edit: DH got home an hour ago and we've been talking. After I said my piece and told him the big news he old me he was upset with me. I asked him why?

He said, "I can't believe you wouldn't have told me this on Friday! Of course it's shocking, and not what we planned but they are in there. They are my babies and my responsibility. Not much we can do about it except budget more and buy two of everything."

I can't believe I freaked out over nothing, I feel like an idiot:/.

Original Post:

DH and I have waited for 6 years to have another baby. We miscarried a few months ago and decided to try again. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I am 13 weeks along with twins:). I am ecstatic about this! My DH was unable to come to the appointment because of work.

My problem is I KNOW DH will not want me to carry these babies because he only wants one more. I'm thinking of not telling him it's twins until I'm a bit further along and they start "looking" like babies in the sonogram. Is this wrong? I just think he will be more excited if we find out one was hiding.

What should I do? Just be up front or wait? Our finances aren't an issue DH just doesn't want a lot of kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Just tell him. Wtf.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Really? He would not be ecstatic? Are you sure? I just could not imagine a man being that cold.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
He won't want them.

Quoting meg0620:

Just tell him. Wtf.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
7 moms liked this

He would be a major fucking asshole for telling you he didn't want both, that would end the relationship.  I can't believe you're with someone so horrible!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Maybe he won't feel that way. Maybe he will be happy its twins even he wanted only one more. Give him a chance. I would tell him right away!
cfcf
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
So he'll ask you to have an abortion? What a prince.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Positive. We've talked about it before, he only wants one more. To be honest I think he only wants one more because I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? He would not be ecstatic? Are you sure? I just could not imagine a man being that cold.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Not sure, I'm assuming yes. I just don't want to give him the opportunity.

Quoting cfcf:

So he'll ask you to have an abortion? What a prince.
SkellyBird
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Um......... tell him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM
5 moms liked this
Troll
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)