Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge people who don't allow dogs in their home? edit to add reason I ask.

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 242 Replies

Do you expect to be able to bring your dog over to other people's house?

Do you judge a person who doesn't allow dogs (not their own, but other people's) in their house (assume allergies are not the reason)?

The reason I asked is my cousin (who has before shown up with her stupid dog) rsvp'd "no" to my son's birthday family get together because I don't allow dogs in my home.  She private messaged me:

S, 

Sorry I can't come to Z's birthday.  I just don't get why [stupid dog's name] can't come with me.  He is a small dog and you aren't even allergic.  I live 30mins away from you.  I would love to come, but I wish you could be more understanding with this.

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM
5 moms liked this
How dare they not want some furry shedding drooling animal to run amok in their home. Burn them at the stake!
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM

No and no. 

tardistraveller
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM

no kidding lol

Quoting AngryBob:

How dare they not want some furry shedding drooling animal to run amok in their home. Burn them at the stake!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM
No. I've only ever had one inside dog.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I usually ask if I can bring my dog (kiara my work partner)
I wish I could take them all every where but I have 4!!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope because NO one is bringing their dog into my house.....ever, lol

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Nope not at all they are my dogs not theirs. And no I don't judge some who doesn't bring their dogs in unless their dogs are left out side in bad weather without an outside shelter. However we live in Texas so it's not very often that happened. I can't say how I would feel if we lived somewhere it snowed all through winter and had neighbors who never brought their dogs inside during crazy frezezes or blizzards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM

no i dont judge.

i always ask if its ok to bring my dog over, if it is, great, if not, thats fine too. not everyone has to like my dog or want animals in their house.  be it i might not visit as often because i have to crate my dog, but nah, i dont judge about it. i dont allow my moms dog in my house because every time he comes over he shits and pees on my damn carpet so he got his invite taken away from him

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM
10 moms liked this
No I judge people who want to bring their dogs to my house...lol

I just dont get it. When I had a dog I would not take it with me everywhere I went.
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM

what does that mean?

Quoting cateringtomel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)