Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abuse....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Did your parents have an abusive relationship?
Did you ever witness that abuse?

I lived with my grandparents and I would see my mom on the weekends. Her boyfriend came back from fishing and was drunk, I was in the living room and they were in the kitchen. I hear them arguing and it look over just in time to see him punch my mom in the face. I run and grab my little sisters, we ran out the front door to the managers office and I told them to call 911, my moms boyfriend is beating her up.
I left my sisters there and went back to help my mom. The closer I got to the apartment the louder her screaming got.... I thought he was killing her. I ran in and he was on top of her slamming her head into the floor. I grabbed a lamp and knocked him over the head with it, he fell to the ground. Not long after that the cops showed up and arrested him.
The sad thing about it was my mom got back together with him!! She stayed for another 7 years!! Her final straw was when he beat the shit out of her on my birthday.
I'm thankful I lived with my grandparents but I also feel guilty my sisters had to grow up seeing that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Thankfully no, my parents weren't abusive. I left my first husband before my daughter was old enough to tell I was being abused, she was a little older than one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Good for you! I wish my mom had been that strong. I was 11 and my sisters were 8 and 3.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thankfully no, my parents weren't abusive. I left my first husband before my daughter was old enough to tell I was being abused, she was a little older than one.

heathers5500
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I'm so sorry :( I don't remember my Dad ever being abusive to my Mom, but he was pretty abusive to my Brothers and Sisters.  He was an Alcoholic and cheated on my Mom all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:54 AM
My moms bf would beat my sisters. Neither of their fathers were in their life. Mine was, he raised his hand to me once and I told him "go ahead an do it, my dad and grandpa will fucking kill you!" He never raised his hand to me again.
I wish I had been old enough to take them out of that situation.

Quoting heathers5500:

I'm so sorry :( I don't remember my Dad ever being abusive to my Mom, but he was pretty abusive to my Brothers and Sisters.  He was an Alcoholic and cheated on my Mom all the time.

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

my dad would never lay a hand on my mom or any of his kids.  and hes tough, hes a retired correction officer.  but no he never beat up on my mother.

i was in an abusive relationship for about a year.  i left him, i finally came to my senses.  it wasnt easy but i didnt want to be with him and make excuses for hsi behavior

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM
my mom was very abusive to me, both physically and verbally. she catered to my little sister and while didnt exactly abuse my dad, made it clear she wore the pants and what sh said went. regardless of his feelings. it has led to a succession of abusive men and and the few who were not i drove away because i constantly expected to be abused and they became exhausted by it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I'm sorry :(

Quoting caligirl7613:

my mom was very abusive to me, both physically and verbally. she catered to my little sister and while didnt exactly abuse my dad, made it clear she wore the pants and what sh said went. regardless of his feelings. it has led to a succession of abusive men and and the few who were not i drove away because i constantly expected to be abused and they became exhausted by it.

steffielou_who
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I witnessed all kinds.. Not only was my step dad a wife beater, he also beat myself and brother..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Did your mom ever get away from him?

Quoting steffielou_who:

I witnessed all kinds.. Not only was my step dad a wife beater, he also beat myself and brother..

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM
thanks. my mom had issues of her own that of course as a young teen i knew nothing about. (perscription pill addiction) and i was honestly a REAL handfull as a teen (though my counselor said i acted out so bad cuz of the way she treated me) we have an OK relationship now (she kicked her addiction) but it still hurts because she refuses to acknowledge she did anything wrong. in her opinion i was just a bad ass teen and thats that. she really refuses to just talk about it honestly.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry :(

Quoting caligirl7613:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)