Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who do the E ciggarette are you worried about the FDA regulating it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I keep hearing about the FDA wanting to regulate the E ciggarette. I am worried the cost of the liquids and batteries are going to be very expensive.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Don't smoke any cigs, was just curious what the post would say... Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Ooooh I hope not. I can get a bottle of juice and a wick fir $8 and that lasts me almost 2 weeks. But thanks your post reminded me im out of bazooka flavor. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yes, I worry. One of the main reasons people switch to e-cigarettes is because they're cheaper. If the FDA gets their hooks in it and raises the price, there will be less of an incentive to make the switch.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes it feels like our government doesn't WANT people to quit. A lot of tax revenue depends on smokers to keep smoking. If everyone in America snuffed out their last cigarette, billions of tax dollars will suddenly be lost. The e-cigarette community is growing on a daily basis. The less people who smoke tobacco, the less taxes those people are paying. Our government needs to make up for the loss of that money somewhere, kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My husband and I vape. My husband loved smoking and the vaping got him to quit. He was on 12 mg now he is on 6 mg. Vaping actually relaxes me now. Cigarettes never relaxed me. I am worried because I feel the FDA will tax the crap out of vaping like they do cigarettes. I saw one site where the FDA wanted to ban the fruity flavors of vaping because of kids. I think that is not fair because there are fruity alcohol flavors. One time I bought a back of cigarettes and paid attention to the tax on them, it was very high. I do not know what I am going to do if the FDA gets there hands on this. I was thinking of ordering a large amount of fluid through madvapes and see what happens from there on. The government is loosing a ton of money from vaping in many ways. Smoking makes you sick therefore the pharmaceutical companies make money and the high taxes on it. My dad did tell me the FDA has tried to regulate those reroll cigarettes for years and have not been able too, I hope this is the case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I worry. One of the main reasons people switch to e-cigarettes is because they're cheaper. If the FDA gets their hooks in it and raises the price, there will be less of an incentive to make the switch.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes it feels like our government doesn't WANT people to quit. A lot of tax revenue depends on smokers to keep smoking. If everyone in America snuffed out their last cigarette, billions of tax dollars will suddenly be lost. The e-cigarette community is growing on a daily basis. The less people who smoke tobacco, the less taxes those people are paying. Our government needs to make up for the loss of that money somewhere, kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

And yet weed remains illegal, mostly.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM

My husband read a article last night that said the government is going to allow people to buy weed in small amounts in January.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

The government justifies the high taxes on cigarettes because of the proven fact that they are harmful to your health. So far, they have ZERO evidence that e-cigarettes are harmful in any way. Even the propaganda websites - all they can come up with is that it "looks" like smoking and that might entice teens to try it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband and I vape. My husband loved smoking and the vaping got him to quit. He was on 12 mg now he is on 6 mg. Vaping actually relaxes me now. Cigarettes never relaxed me. I am worried because I feel the FDA will tax the crap out of vaping like they do cigarettes. I saw one site where the FDA wanted to ban the fruity flavors of vaping because of kids. I think that is not fair because there are fruity alcohol flavors. One time I bought a back of cigarettes and paid attention to the tax on them, it was very high. I do not know what I am going to do if the FDA gets there hands on this. I was thinking of ordering a large amount of fluid through madvapes and see what happens from there on. The government is loosing a ton of money from vaping in many ways. Smoking makes you sick therefore the pharmaceutical companies make money and the high taxes on it. My dad did tell me the FDA has tried to regulate those reroll cigarettes for years and have not been able too, I hope this is the case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Every state?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband read a article last night that said the government is going to allow people to buy weed in small amounts in January.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)