Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i haven't cleaned my house since the end of august

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies

well that's not totally true. i cleaned all of the toilets a handful of times and the showers twice since then. i also do all of the cooking and keep the kitchen in order.

but that's it. no floors, no dusting, no windows. the fans and blinds are caked in dust from the previous owners. about 25% of our crap is in boxes in the basement still.  i need to hire someone to help us.. but can't really afford it with all of our other expenses. good thing dh helps, but it's not enough.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM
?
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Ew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM

why not just clean the stuff to get rid of dust and then start unpacking your stuff? Why can't you clean your house?

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I always thoroughly cleaned before moving in or my mom did while I moved.
dawnjohnson5
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Gross
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM

And I haven't cleaned mine since I can't even remember when. I pay people to do that for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM

It's just not at the top of the priority list. Kitchen and bathrooms are, but the rest? I just never make it that far down the priority list. Guess I could do it right now, but I'm working on work stuff from my laptop and it will just need to be done again before too long so why bother..

Quoting Anonymous:

why not just clean the stuff to get rid of dust and then start unpacking your stuff? Why can't you clean your house?

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Why aren't you cleaning it?
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Sweetie, that's very yucky. Houses need to be cleaned. It's not just about dust. Houses don't have to be sterile to be clean and healthy, but what you have is not good for you and your children at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM

That wasn't an option. I closed on both properties on the same day and we had to move in between closings.

Quoting bleumonster:

I always thoroughly cleaned before moving in or my mom did while I moved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)