Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a Santa?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

So at dinner, my 8 year old asked if we put presents under the Christmas tree instead of Santa. I asked him where he heard that. He said a kid at school told him that he slept on the couch and woke up to his parents putting gifts out.

Yes, I'm one of those moms that wants him to be a kid a little longer, so I asked him what he thought. He said he heard that if you don't believe, then Santa won't come. I just told him that's what I thought too.I loved believing in Santa as a kid and I am not ready for that magic to be over. (And I don't want him to spil the beans to little brother!)

(**Yes, I know technically it's "lying". I'm willing to risk it for a little extra fun in childhood before real life comes crashing down...)

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this
My 10 year old has stopped believing this year. I think I was more upset about it than he was.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM
We had to break it to my girls rather early because they absolutely refused to tell me what they wanted. Kept saying "Santa knows". I told them about the spirit of Christmas and we now play Santa every year for someone who otherwise wouldn't have a Christmas.
masonmansmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM

oooh, that makes it hard! Good save, though!

Quoting lnrmom:

We had to break it to my girls rather early because they absolutely refused to tell me what they wanted. Kept saying "Santa knows". I told them about the spirit of Christmas and we now play Santa every year for someone who otherwise wouldn't have a Christmas.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
We stressed the importance of not spoiling the magic for other kids, and stress that every year. They are now teenagers and truly love finding who we will be santa for (always someone we know or homeless people) and going shopping for them. I hope they continue that tradition.

Quoting masonmansmommy:

oooh, that makes it hard! Good save, though!

Quoting lnrmom:

Yogamom08
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
If he still wants to believe, let him.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I think it would be time to fess up. I know it sucks, but he's already got doubt in his mind.

shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
My eight yr old still believes. I told him some kids Dont, but if he wants to believe then he should.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I still believe and there is always a gift waiting under the tree for me. You gotta believe to receive. LOL

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
My 8 and 10 year olds haven't believed for as long as I've known them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Sounds like he already knows. IDK I never do the santa thing, but I tell my kids not to tell the other little kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured