Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Retail Confession: I Save Deals For People Not On Welfare.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
4 moms liked this

I work at Ollies. For those who don't know we are sort of similar to Big Lots. We have cheap prices and we can order some things, but most things we buy at closeout prices.

So sometimes we get REALLY good deals in. For example, we just got a ton of toys in, toys that I know for sure are at least 10-15 dollars more at Toys R Us and Target.

Well, if we get a good deal around the first, I purposefully wait to put it out, because I know welfare leeches get their welfare checks on the first, and I feel people who actually earn their money should get first dibs.

So I save them until the week of the first is over. We still get our normal rush of welfare leeches, and they get good deals, but REALLY good deals, I save because I know their money will be gone in a week and people who truly earn their money will still have money coming in every week or every 2 weeks from their jobs.

My boss does not care what day I put the stuff out, so long as it's out before we get the next truck. So I purposefully put the really great deals out the day of or the day before truck day, when most of the welfare money has dried up.

I am aware that people on SSI/SSDI/Retirement get their money on the 1st and the 3rd, but oh well. I know sometimes they can't help but not work or are retired but IMO those people are better at managing money than the welfare parents who blow it all in 2 days, tops. So they still have money at the end of the week and the welfare check receivers do not.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM
22 moms liked this

I am not a proponent of welfare, in fact I absolutely believe its abused more than used in emergencies as it was intended.

And even I think that is stupid and petty.

Liastele
by Lauren on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this

How does it hurt the business if one group or the other buys it? As long as its sold and you make money, it should be all good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
You do know that they are changing the dates ppl get assistance? It is now the 7th thru the 21st? At least in Indiana .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM

It really doesn't.

Quoting Liastele:

How does it hurt the business if one group or the other buys it? As long as its sold and you make money, it should be all good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
8 moms liked this
So.....you don't also realize that people who get paychecks from their jobs ALSO get paid on the 1st? I do a lot of my shopping on the 1st and 15th, when I get paid. I know I could use a really food deal, seeing as I live paycheck to paycheck. Ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Oh, I live in Ohio and it's still the same here. My Dad gets SSDI and his still comes on the third. My sister gets a welfare check on the first.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do know that they are changing the dates ppl get assistance? It is now the 7th thru the 21st? At least in Indiana .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
6 moms liked this
God I hope you never need help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Some do, if the first/third falls on their payday. But they don't always fall on the most common payday, which is Friday.

Quoting Anonymous:

So.....you don't also realize that people who get paychecks from their jobs ALSO get paid on the 1st? I do a lot of my shopping on the 1st and 15th, when I get paid. I know I could use a really food deal, seeing as I live paycheck to paycheck. Ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM
14 moms liked this
You do realize that some people who use welfare work right? Like work their asses off, unlike you I guarantee. You're scum.. and no I don't use welfare.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
10 moms liked this
I hope she does. And I hope she is denied and suffers.

Quoting Anonymous:

God I hope you never need help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)