Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY did I have an AUTISTIC child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 295 Replies
1 mom liked this
I love both my children dearly, but I have always felt that my 20 month old was off. He is a horribly difficult child. He's never been playful or sweet. He throws horrible tantrums and literally made me an alcoholic. I get drunk every night when they go to sleep because he stresses me to the maximum. I love him and I show him so much attention that my 3 year old gets jealous and gets upset. I found out today that he is autistic. He doesn't talk or even look at me. He has been starving himself for a week and we just left the ER and that is what the doctor suspects. I was hoping his tantrums were just a phase, but knowing this is forever is too much for me. I am divorced and have absolutely NO friends or family as I have been so depressed since he was born. I feel like someone else could take better care of him, because I know I don't have the mental strength. Even the daycare he goes to can't handle his tantrums. What do I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Bump for suggestions
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
15 moms liked this
Get into counseling asap cuz you are just in the beginning! You have a hell of a road ahead of you! Suck it up buttercup! You're child isn't dying!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Bump
catrig
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM
12 moms liked this
Stop drinking. Read up. Get a therapist for yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
6 moms liked this
Getting your child into programs with the therapy he needs could really alter his behavior. Don't give up you haven't had the support you need for him yet.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Hugs :(
Is he in any programs?
I know DS is "off" in many ways at 10 months old and he is starting early intervention. They have resources to help you. Also counseling. It sounds like you have a lot going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
12 moms liked this
If you feel you cant handle him then you should look into giving him to someone capable of wanting him, loving him and caring for him like he needs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
7 moms liked this
They have support groups, and then you could make friends from that. You should get therapy to help you also. Don't give up yet. You have many things to try still. Get him in therapy, they have ot, pt, speech, behavioral, aba, my middle child was in al of those and more.
Research, therapy for both of you, support groups. Try those before giving up
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM
7 moms liked this

when my son was diagnosed i was so scared and i too thought why me?school has helped my son and my area had an infant and toddlers program to get the ball rolling..now,hes 10,happy and thriving.honestly,if he wasnt austic,he wouldnt be the person he is..get help and once you do,it will get better..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM
17 moms liked this
If you can't step up and give him the love and support he will need while going to therapy and all the appointments that come with a diagnosis like that, give him to someone who will.

Also blaming YOUR CHILD for your poor decisions to become an alcoholic is sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN