Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I took my dd to the ER the other night in her pjs but...

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 17 Replies

I was dressed...is that bad? I was just wondering. It was almost 12:am and she was in bed and she came to me with her arm hurting with a weird bite and it looked like it had a ring so I thought tick so I rushed her to the hospital. I was in my scrubs but I changed into my regular clothes but I didn't change her because I knew she was comfortable and would go straight to sleep when we got home. Is that lazy? I don't think it is but would of changed her to go to the hospital? 

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Who cares?
*wait obviously the women here do.
It's done and over with. If your daughter is in pain then get here there ASAP. Doesn't matter what she's wearing! Trust me she'll blend right in!
MamAshley4
by ~ASHLEY~ on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Im sitting in the ER right now...and my sons in his jammies...nothing wrong with that...especially at midnight
MommyofDestiny
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Nope I've brought my dd in the ER in pj's before. I think a lot of people with sick or kids in pain bring them straight to the ER in pj's.
libramoon007
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Ok. I was just wondering because I took the time to get dressed and someone might say I was lazy but then again it doesn't matter she is a small child and I was worried. 

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I don't see a problem with it. We took my oldest in when he had rotavirus in his pjs. What he was weeding was the least of my concerns.
orchardmoma
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Ya, I wouldn't really worry about what others were thinking in a situation like that. 

CONane110
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM

You took a child who was in pain to the ER and didn't risk more pain by changing them.  You put day time clothes on because you were going to be interacting with others.  I don't see anything wrong with what you did. 

Quoting libramoon007:

Ok. I was just wondering because I took the time to get dressed and someone might say I was lazy but then again it doesn't matter she is a small child and I was worried. 

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Kids in pjs at night in the ER seems normal to me. Honestly, kids in pjs when they're sick at any time, seems normal to me.
TnGsMomma
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It different when you rush to the ER in the middle of the night then going to Walmart in your PJs because you're lazy...

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM
That's fine. ER in PJs is normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)