Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession...I feel sorry for you guys.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
26 moms liked this

What the heck is wrong with you all's kids?  Why do they have so many disorders?  Where do people come up with this stuff? ODD ADD ADHD SPD?  Freakin' alphabets?!  You might want to stop supporting big pharma so much, and look into alternative methods, like not running to the doctor for a diagnosis to explain your kids' bad ass behavior!  This is the only place where I hear this kind of stuff.  My kid has....and my kid has this disorder...my kid has sensory issues...What the heck does that mean???  Doesn't every kid have sensory issues?  Last I checked some kids just don't like sticky hands, or gritty foods.  Some kids need to be stimulated more physically and mentally.  Some kids are just bad as hell, and that's it!   I'm sorry if this comes off mean, but I imagine all of these kids walking around in a zombie like fog, dazed and confused because of all of the meds used to "treat" them.  I know I will get bashed to high heaven for this, but really???  That many disorders...I think there's less wrong with the child, and more wrong with the parent!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5babies757
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
6 moms liked this
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Blah blah blah
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
.....well...ok then.
turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
As an adult with mild add, I can tell you they're very real disorders. my brother and I were both treated with herbal remedies that really did the trick. we hated ritalin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I agree.
Freela
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM
4 moms liked this

Why do you assume that all kids with some sort of diagnosis are on meds? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Kids today are delicate flowers who have the power to control the universe. Parents are simply byproducts with pills.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
My child had a speech disorder, but he's not on any drugs. :/

So no zombie kid for me.
AllieKat
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
5 moms liked this
I feel sorry you typed this and it was so poorly written and boring I stopped at the second sentence. Yawn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
9 moms liked this
I kinda agree. My middle dd was diagnosed (at the request of her teacher) with ADD. I determined she was just freakin bored and didn't medicate her. Low and behold, the next year with a more interesting teacher, her symptoms magically disappeared.

That's not to say these things don't exist, but I do think they're highly over diagnosed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN