Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what makes you more successful?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
If you think you are successful and someone else you know isn't, what exactly makes you think you are more successful?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I'm a little bit confused with this question. Like $$$ wise or emotionally?
libramoon007
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I don't think that way of others. I only care about my own success  because everyone thinks of success differently. 

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I don't think that way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I'm a sahm and I've been told I wasted my life and intelligence.

I've raised happy dd's that are now in college pursuing their dreams. I am very successful!

Quoting libramoon007:

I don't think that way of others. I only care about my own success  because everyone thinks of success differently. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
We are more successful than a lot of people we know and I it's because we WORK HARD. We have worked hard and tried hard for everything we have. I work and I don't have to. We save everything we can.

I will give you an example...since I have had kids I have taken any job I have been offered. I have made it work and I did what I could. ( husband too). He eventually got an awesome job. I still worked. Last year I got offered a job, working from home and I have moved up from there.

This past week my job had an opening. They need someone to file, scan files and do some work from home. I asked my SIL. Immediately she turned it down. That same night...her husband calls my brother complaint that they don't have money and blah, blah.. It was choose your own hours and go in when you want.

I would have taken that job in a heart beat!!
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Um, I don't know... I don't compare my success to other people's success. "I'm soooooo much more successful than her, lol."

Sounds bitchy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I think that I am successful because I am meeting my goals and taking care of my family. 

The one person I dont see as successful is my brother who mooches off the system. He chooses to use drugs and relies on food stamps and housing(Section 8) to provide for his kids. 

Is that the sort of thing you are asking?

allornone
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Depends on what you consider success.

Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Im more successful than my bestfriend. I dont live with my parents my.dh has a descent.paying job we will be off pa by next year and I,actually take care.of my child
libramoon007
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Why do you quote me exactly? I never said anything bad. So I hope you are not implying I did. My own success is what I care about not anyone else's. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a sahm and I've been told I wasted my life and intelligence.

I've raised happy dd's that are now in college pursuing their dreams. I am very successful!

Quoting libramoon007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN