Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That does not make me a bad mom!! Eta

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 185 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh and I have 2 kids ds 2yrs and dd 7 months. Dd got admitted into the hospital this morning for running a temp and vomiting. The diagnosed her with a uti and are now trying to keep her fever down. I've been up since 830 yesterday morning and really need sleep. Ds has been had his great grandparents for most of the day and now needs a nap. Dh suggested I go pick up ds, go home, and take a nap with my little man. I agreed with it. Exhausted I am no use to dd if I'm tired and can barely function. So I went and picked up ds and gave meme and gapa (great grandparents) an update on dd. meme (great grandma) asked why dh was with dd and not me. I explained to her I needed a quick nap and than I'm going back up and I'm going to be there all night with her. Immediently meme started in about how she'd never leave if it was her kid in there and how I'm selfish and never should have had kids. Just being horrible. I gathered up ds and we left. And when it comes time for me to go back up to the hospital I'm not dropping ds back off at meme and gapas. Forget that! I'm under enough stress without that to! Thanks for letting me get a quick rant in before I doze off for an hour.

Eta: she's doing better was even cooing and babbling. But I have to say the nurses are not doing their job today. I expressed at 4 that dd felt very hot and was acting feverish and it took them 2 hours to check her temp than they acted shocked that she had a fever. They haven't brought me anything. They told me not to bring diapers wipes or formula they will supply it. Yea it's 8:14 pm and they said they were going to bring it at 5 am and I've given several reminders nada I had dh bring some when we swapped off. I mean really!
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would NEVER leave my 7 month old in the hospital alone. I would have napped in the chair.

MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Dh is with her.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I would NEVER leave my 7 month old in the hospital alone. I would have napped in the chair.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Oy. That's rough.

My middle son was hospitalized for over a month during and after his lung/vascular surgery (complications; he had to be readmitted after the first time we went home).

There is no way, with other children at home, that I could have stayed with him the entire time, as much as I may have wanted to. My husband and I switched off. Sometimes a nurse even stayed with him while I went to the food court or outside for fresh air.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

OK. I don't think you are horrible but I still would never have left, that's all.

Quoting MysticIceWater:

Dh is with her.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Her husband was with the babe.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what we're doing dh and I are swapping off to

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Oy. That's rough.

My middle son was hospitalized for over a month during and after his lung/vascular surgery (complications; he had to be readmitted after the first time we went home).

There is no way, with other children at home, that I could have stayed with him the entire time, as much as I may have wanted to. My husband and I switched off. Sometimes a nurse even stayed with him while I went to the food court or outside for fresh air.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Ditto. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

dedicatedrider
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this
I think you need to re-read, she said her husband was at the hospital with her daughter, she didn't leave her alone.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think her dh stayed there so it's not unreasonable for her to go get her other child and get some sleep.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Sorry, I hope she feels better and you get some rest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)