Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you know adhd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For those saying adhd isn't real. Did you know that if a child is on adhd meds and they don't have it if will make them more hyper? It has an opposite affect on people. That is why the drugs for these disorders are so popular. People like to take them if they don't have it because it gives them lots of energy. It is why some parents treat the disorder with coffee and soda because instead of giving a person with adhd more energy it calms them down and helps them focus. The down side it is short lived.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (61-65):
Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Ah, I see what you did there. Sorry...went over my head...been sick all day. lol 

Quoting eesmommy:

Exactly. Dr makes an umbrella diagnosis. Its a quick "fix"

Quoting Sweetest_Britt:

Usually, if thats the case, it wasn't ADHD to begin with.

Quoting eesmommy:

Did you know that it has been proven that a change in diet as well as chiropractic care can totally "heal" a person with adhd? As in the hyperness is totally and completely gone for good?

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I shall let you slide this time. Don't let it happen again! :-) hope you feel better soon!

Quoting Sweetest_Britt:

Ah, I see what you did there. Sorry...went over my head...been sick all day. lol 

Quoting eesmommy:

Exactly. Dr makes an umbrella diagnosis. Its a quick "fix"

Quoting Sweetest_Britt:

Usually, if thats the case, it wasn't ADHD to begin with.

Quoting eesmommy:

Did you know that it has been proven that a change in diet as well as chiropractic care can totally "heal" a person with adhd? As in the hyperness is totally and completely gone for good?

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Yeah a friend of mine in college said the going rate was 10 bucks a pill for adderal. I now have nightmares of ds selling his, lol.

Quoting Little.Lover.:

A friend of mine used to share his meds with a bunch of us when we were teens....we went on a 2 month bender on them....don't think we slept the entire summer....I still remember the energy we had...what a trip.

AuntieM
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I agree it is possible. My niece did it. Unfortunately my son didn't and is now trying to deal with it as a 32 year old man without insurance.

Quoting MicheleJM:

If its the stimulants yes. But there are non stimulants. At this point Idgaf if its speed its better than worrying that ds would drop out over an inability to focus. I do hope one day he can learn to focus without meds. Its possible.

Quoting AuntieM:

Yes I know that. Which would be why our friends wanted it. And whether it had that effect or not, it's still speed.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Ugh. That sucks. My brother was diagnosed as an adult and takes it. I am the "try all other options first person". I would like to find out if meditation and other Eastern studies would assist in helping adults with adhd focus. I only meditate for temper control and such. Of course Idk but would be interested to hear if anyone tried.

Quoting AuntieM:

I agree it is possible. My niece did it. Unfortunately my son didn't and is now trying to deal with it as a 32 year old man without insurance.

Quoting MicheleJM:

If its the stimulants yes. But there are non stimulants. At this point Idgaf if its speed its better than worrying that ds would drop out over an inability to focus. I do hope one day he can learn to focus without meds. Its possible.

Quoting AuntieM:

Yes I know that. Which would be why our friends wanted it. And whether it had that effect or not, it's still speed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured