Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our waitress had an attitude today. She thought my kids were I'll behaved

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 274 Replies
I took my dd's out for breakfast this morning. They are 5 and 20 months. They were sitting quietly, playing with jelly, butter and creamers on the table. They would stack them, and then put them all back in the bowl. They weren't hurting anything, and we would have put them back where we found them, before we left.

The waitress came to the table and snatched the bowl up and said they weren't to play with. I explained that it was keeping them quiet, and the we would put them back the way we found them before we left. She still didn't put them back, and said I'd have to come up with something else to control my kids. umm? Wtf.

She never came back to the table, and I complained to the manager. We got our food for free
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
5 moms liked this
There are so many instances of ill mannered children, and you end up with a twit who harasses well behaved littles. Glad you got.a free meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
42 moms liked this
The waitress was right. You're one of those idiots that can't figure out that you do in fact need to bring something to entertain your kids just in case. People do not want to eat jelly that has been manhandled by your kids. It's gross. Get a clue.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Umm, sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
8 moms liked this
It was a spur of the moment trip.

Do you realize how many people handle those jellies and such? I can guarantee that my kids hands are cleaner than most of the other people that touched them

Quoting Rlmama00:

The waitress was right. You're one of those idiots that can't figure out that you do in fact need to bring something to entertain your kids just in case. People do not want to eat jelly that has been manhandled by your kids. It's gross. Get a clue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't of let ds play with that stuff. Who wants it after somebody else's hands have been all over it. At least you got a free meal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
12 moms liked this

Going on a limb and saying the jelly was totally sealed there for the kids hands werent going to do anymore damage than the waitress who put them in the thing or someone digging through the box of jelly for the right flavors...and for the waitress to not come back was just blame stupid... I think OP was right in talking to management

Quoting Rlmama00:

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
14 moms liked this
.... It's a closed thing of jelly, I fail to see the grossness

Quoting Rlmama00:

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that sucks- I like to play with those myself while I'm waiting... Jk... Glad you got your meal for free, she was over the top.
libramoon007
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Oh my god my dd does that all the time. As long as they are not spilling them or putting all over the place I don't see the problem. But maybe she was just not having a good morning. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM
7 moms liked this
You've never waited tables and had to clean up after they dump sugars all over or drew with ketchup on the table. I never snatched them from a kid but trust me servers cringe when they see kids playing with them because 9 out 10 leave a mess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)