Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know an Irish or Scottish man or are you married to one?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
I always thought they'd make great men. They seem to have been raised in a more respectful lifestyle with true relationship and love values.

Do you know any Irish or Scottish men? Are you married to one? Is this true about them?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this
No. But their brogue is yummy
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I have discovered I don't get along with them so well. I do like to listen to them talk though lol. I get along better with Scandinavian men apparently.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Haha, well, they can be incredibly blunt in my experience.

"Well aren't you a mean looking sonuvabitch, ya fucker???"

That's actually probably a compliment lol. 

It depends on your sense of humor, really.

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM
See that would work for me. Lol. That's how I am but I tend to hide it because people are so touchy. My ex would get all whine if I called him a dork. I'm like dude... That's a compliment. And that's not even that blunt of a statement.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Haha, well, they can be incredibly blunt in my experience.

"Well aren't you a mean looking sonuvabitch, ya fucker???"

That's actually probably a compliment lol. 

It depends on your sense of humor, really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM
What is Brogue?

Quoting armywifey26:

No. But their brogue is yummy

Ashley0523
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My dad is irish born and raised in Northern Ireland we moved here when I was 3 since this is where my mom was from and she missed home

Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM
lol my hubby is Irish. He is a awesome hubby but has a hot temper like his dad and great grandfather. My hubby's dad is first generation here in America. Hubby's dad grew up on a tobacco farm and hubby grew up on a dairy farm. Super hard workers and very old fashioned men.
Oh also gotta warn you lots of ppl claim to be Irish for some reason, then you ask then what generation they are or where there family lives or why there last name isn't Irish and they have no clue. Lol. It's the in thing I guess.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I'm married to an Irish man; he is American but his grandparents came over from Ireland.

He loves to drink and swear but is incredibly loyal and always puts his family first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I've married both and am still with the irishman. Both were actually from the respective places, having been born and raised there.

Scots men are a bit lazy and entitled. Irish seem to be raised with better values. Though that's just my opinion.

Also my born and bred irish husband gets pissy about people who claim to be irish, but have never set foot there. He and several other irish people I know find the american irish thing offencive because it perpetuates a lot of myths and shitty stereotypes.
NidanLady
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Yes, my husband was born in Scotland and moved to the US when he was 7 years old. I'd say what you said is true of my husband and his father as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN