Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He is growing! (not Raymond...lol)

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

One of my sons is extremely underweight and has been his entire life. Well, he had so little body fat that the doctors were worried that he would not hit his major growth spurt in his early teen years. The docs said that if the body thinks there is not enough reserve that it will just skip growth spurts.

Well, he has hit a major growth spurt. He has gone from 5'2" and 66 lbs. (12.1 BMI) to 5'5" and 84 lbs. (14 BMI) in a pretty short time frame.

He is still underweight, but he is gaining weight. Finally! He'll be 15 in January. I am so glad he isn't skipping his growth spurt.

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Bump
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
That's fantastic!
mattiehatter
by Mary on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Got a good chuckle at the pic. Glad he is doing better.
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never seen him at what is considered to be a healthy weight. For the first time, I am thinking that it may actually happen. He is heading in the right direction.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

That's fantastic!
partyof54me
by ♥The Show Off♥ on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Trouser, look at his face. He is definitely your son. It's obvious he has your sense of humor. So glad to hear he is finally getting there. My ds has had the same issues, but he is only 6. 

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Me too. I can't even picture what he will look like at an average weight. I hope he keeps gaining.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Got a good chuckle at the pic. Glad he is doing better.
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
All of my kids are silly. I love it. There isn't a day that isn't filled with laughing in our house. We will celebrate the day he passes 100 lbs...lol.

Quoting partyof54me:

Trouser, look at his face. He is definitely your son. It's obvious he has your sense of humor. So glad to hear he is finally getting there. My ds has had the same issues, but he is only 6. 

partyof54me
by ♥The Show Off♥ on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

That's what we said about our ds when he gets to 50lbs. You look like you have a happy family. You must be doing something right:)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

All of my kids are silly. I love it. There isn't a day that isn't filled with laughing in our house. We will celebrate the day he passes 100 lbs...lol.

Quoting partyof54me:

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Bump
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. :)

Quoting partyof54me:

That's what we said about our ds when he gets to 50lbs. You look like you have a happy family. You must be doing something right:)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting partyof54me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)